Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you kill yourself....?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 150 Replies
1 mom liked this
Here's a hypothetical situation...you're told by some being that you have the choice to lose your life to save a million others. Would you? The million would include men,women and children..all people you do not know. You would die at the very moment if you chose to die...or would you save yourself and allow the million people to live?

My answer....I would choose to die . I cannot think my life is more important than a million other people.

I saw this question on another website and the majority of the people said they'd live and let the million people die because they love their own life too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LCG83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I'd die.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:02 PM
37 moms liked this

I wouldn't voluntarily leave my children for strangers...call me selfish but I'd choose to live.

vetNmommy
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I would die.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I honestly don't know what I would do.  I would hope i would save lives. To me it would not be suicide, it would still be murder. I'd be laying my life down for my fellow man, not taking my own life. In that case you are forced into it, it isn't suicide even if they make you do it by your own hand. 

jadsmummy
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I would never take my own life. But if it were a me or them my life wouldn't be taken by my own hands I would save others . 

newmommy430
1 mom liked this
That's a difficult one, only because I have a child with special needs. If I knew he would be okay without me, then yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wulfeyes05
1 mom liked this
I don't think I could die. Not because I am a coward, it would take great strength not to give my life to save innocent men, women, and children. I couldn't do it because I have children of my own and looking into their eyes would stop me. Knowing that I could leave my children motherless would give me more than pause. It would not make me proud, but I couldn't do it.
LTryon
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I would die.

If I could die and save a million or live and have a million others die; what's to say those I love wouldn't be included in that million that would die if I chose to live?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Master_Debater
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Quoting LCG83:

I'd die.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
activitymode
by Coolest person ever! on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:11 PM
10 moms liked this
I'd live.

We are overpopulated and I'm sure there are several rotten assholes in that million that wouldn't be worth killing a roach over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)