Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today a parent told me that my daughter was "stuck up"

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok soo I coach Cheerleading & my daughters also cheer, I'm not their coach they cheer on a younger division.. Well we are getting ready for national in Vegas next week & I decided to change 2 things to make it a little more fun,but today I pulled a muscle at the gym soo while I was going over the dance I called my 11 year old DD & her two friends too demonstrate the routine for my team (my daughter & her friends was at the house last night & they watched me make it up).... Well after they showed the girls they went back to their practice & one of the parents said too me" I don't think that's a good idea to have the younger girls show them" I asked her if they were going too fast,or did they not teach it well,& she said "uhh Noo they taught it fine, I just think the one in the pink sweats is stuck up" that was soo off gaurd, especially since my daughter is sweet as pie ", but she says she sees her stretching before practice all the time & that she's stuck up,she looks rude,& she's not friendly
She couldn't give me an actual reason on why she was stuck up,
That really made me mad tho
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
EsmeVincent
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Yes, exactly

Quoting dusky_rose:

It's at times like that, that you really wish you could come up with a snappy comeback that would put her in her place. I bet she didn't even think that she was referring to your daughter and if you told her that she was that she would have felt really stupid.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Let me take a wild guess here:  that mom is living vicariously through her cheerleading daughter?  I know you didn't say anything like that, but it's just a little hunch I have. 

It doesn't matter if she knew that was your dd she was talking about or not.  As an adult, it's not cool to gossip about a little girl to another adult.  Geez.  Women.

KJH78
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:50 AM

So maybe she defines confidence to be "stuck up".....sounds like she's just confident to me!

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Did she not know she was your daughter? I would have said well that one is my daughter and I don't see why that makes her stuck up.

Also..if your daughter has a tendency to be shy or not talk much, that could be mistaken for being stuck up. After getting to know some of my friends in the middle school years, they later told me they thought I was stuck up....I am/was a really shy person!! It's interesting that it could be perceived as quite the opposite.

I also think there may be something wrong with this lady's head. Why is she so worried about what your daughter is doing?

If she had an issue where maybe your daughter and her daughter didn't get along, she should speak up so y'all can handle it.
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Is she?

mjande4
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Quoting notjstasocermom:

Is she?

This is my thought too! Of course YOU think your daughter is sweet. That doesn't mean she actually is. SMH
christina0607
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Some kids are stuck up. It happens. 

LABELmeCUTE
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:44 AM
All the coaches,younger cheerleaders,older cheerleaders,& parents love my daughter up at the gym, soo I don't see how that would be "stuck up" even at school everyone loves her...she's shy,& a lot of the times when she gets to practice she's still tired from school,soo that's why she's quiet, but it's not like she's rude, she speaks to everyone,even the people she don't know.... Soo to answer your question NO she's not stuck up

Quoting mjande4:

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Is she?

This is my thought too! Of course YOU think your daughter is sweet. That doesn't mean she actually is. SMH

dobrd
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM

LABELmeCUTE, She's jealous for sure.. The next time she says something, just say, 'BITE ME'.. If she feels she has to put a child down then, there is something wrong there on her part.. She needs to get over it.. Take Care, Donna....

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM

She just did not want the younger girls to be able to do a routine that the older girls are learning. Ignore her if she can not give you an actual reason. If someone is not friendly there has to be an example of when she was not friendly. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)