Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today a parent told me that my daughter was "stuck up"

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok soo I coach Cheerleading & my daughters also cheer, I'm not their coach they cheer on a younger division.. Well we are getting ready for national in Vegas next week & I decided to change 2 things to make it a little more fun,but today I pulled a muscle at the gym soo while I was going over the dance I called my 11 year old DD & her two friends too demonstrate the routine for my team (my daughter & her friends was at the house last night & they watched me make it up).... Well after they showed the girls they went back to their practice & one of the parents said too me" I don't think that's a good idea to have the younger girls show them" I asked her if they were going too fast,or did they not teach it well,& she said "uhh Noo they taught it fine, I just think the one in the pink sweats is stuck up" that was soo off gaurd, especially since my daughter is sweet as pie ", but she says she sees her stretching before practice all the time & that she's stuck up,she looks rude,& she's not friendly
She couldn't give me an actual reason on why she was stuck up,
That really made me mad tho
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Replies (21-28):
DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:21 PM
I think she's rude! I would never say such a thing to another parent especially not knowing if that was their daughter!!!! I think it was nice and cute they were helping and show the girls the routine!!!! Maybe the parent was a little jealous! ((Lol))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaneMarie80
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Definitely sounds jealous. Of a child. That's sad.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I assume she didnt know that was your daughter?  Personally, I would have had A LOT of fun with the mom on that one.  But I have an evil side to me.

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:07 AM

wow! Talk about judgemental. She doesn't even know her! how obnoxious. so sorry that happened

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:12 AM

BUMP!

parentalrights1
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM
I tend to judge that way too. I was bullied by so many stuck up bitches I could kinda tell how alot of them would carry themselves but of course it isn't full proof. Can't help it though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomTiara19
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Whoa!

Mama you know what to do.

Tell that woman...."Excuse me!....That is my daughter you are speaking of and how rude of you.If you have a problem with how I run my cheerleading squad or my cheerleaders you can leave.

Then turn about face and leave her pathetic self standing there!

STCC
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Although the lady is a byatch maybe reflect on her comment. Watch the dynamics of the group. See if all the girls are friendly towards each other. Maybe partner girls up with different people. Your daughter with her daughter. Trying bring the team closer. Maybe teach different girl (other then your daughter) the new cheer first. Giving other people responsibilities which your daughter would typically have. Try building everyone's self esteem including the bitchy ladies daughter so she does turn out like her mother.

I had a crazy mother like that. She would beat up parents and teachers. It suck cause I got punished for my mothers behavior.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)