Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Rocking out with P!nk

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:28 AM
  • 26 Replies

What music do you listen to for fun?

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:51 AM
1 mom liked this

WebCat
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:49 AM

I listen to whatever strikes me at the time or I fit the music to the situation. When I paint it's classical. Classical is always calming. I've tried to put other music on to get in a more energetic moods while painting but it doesn't work. I'd say my most listened to genres are classical, dance/techno and blues. I absolutely love the blues.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:54 AM

Quoting WebCat:

I listen to whatever strikes me at the time or I fit the music to the situation. When I paint it's classical. Classical is always calming. I've tried to put other music on to get in a more energetic moods while painting but it doesn't work. I'd say my most listened to genres are classical, dance/techno and blues. I absolutely love the blues.

I guess it would be depending on your subject matter for which genre is turned on?  I love dance/techno for energy boosts.  We do classical for night time wind downs for dd.

WebCat
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:03 AM

Classical is great. and it can rock pretty much too! DH is a DJ so has a ton of music. One of my favorite things to do is to grab a drink and party with DH spinning some vinyl. 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:11 AM

A family i used to babysit for got my hooked on techno/dance.   The dad was a former dancer in clubs and a dj.   I dont know many of the artists but that doesnt stop me from having fun.  DD is 6 and loves beethoven.  She pretends to do ballet with it playing LOL.

Quoting WebCat:

Classical is great. and it can rock pretty much too! DH is a DJ so has a ton of music. One of my favorite things to do is to grab a drink and party with DH spinning some vinyl. 

WebCat
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:11 AM

Music appreciation is so very important for kids. It's math. A lot of parents don't know this. You'll need to get that kid in dance. Getting up on stage gives them so much confidence. 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:48 AM

One of these days we will.  We started early in babyhood listening to alot of different types of music.  She has no clue what the popular music is right now but i checked with her music teacher and she said that was fine, stick to the age appropriate folk songs and whatever else she wants to listen to.

Quoting WebCat:

Music appreciation is so very important for kids. It's math. A lot of parents don't know this. You'll need to get that kid in dance. Getting up on stage gives them so much confidence. 

LovinLife81
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:28 AM

I love all music I like Pink but Regina Spektor is my newest love 

vevespears
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:53 AM

This morning I was on my happy mood, I listened to some old stuff in spanish lol driving and signing, I bet people looked at me weird, but I didnt care :)

Pink.Sunshine
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Old School R&B
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN