Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
So we found a rabbit hopping around outside of our apartment. We knocked on everyones door in our building and everyone says that they don't own a rabbit. It is obviously well taken care of and smells like it just had a bath. Anyways the office at our apartments doesn't open until Tuesday, so we will be keeping it until then (I'm hoping whoever it belongs too reported it). The only problem is we know NOTHING about rabbits. I googled some stuff and now I'm like deathly afraid that we will feed it the wrong thing or scare it to death (my 2 1/2 and 5yr old boys can be quite loud).

Soo I was just wondering if you ladies had any experience or advice on what necessities we should buy to keep it alive and healthy for these next few days. Thanks in advance :)

Oh and I will post a pic in replies cuz its so cute :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Replies (31-35):
ohmommi
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Quoting AlmostHeavenWVa:

My brother owned over 200 rabbit's!

Is he an arba member too? Lol
ohmommi
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Quoting cbell918:

Probably bc its pet qaulity. Give him paper towel rolls or tp rolls to help with the chewing.
mommytam
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Nope sorry, in Illinois. See if a vet will take it if you can't find owner. Do you know if it male or female. Wish we could take it.

Quoting cbell918:

If you live in TN you can have it lol it decided to chew on all the baseboards in the bathroom last night so DH isn't as attached to it anymore lol

Quoting mommytam:

My husband say we will take it. We already have one, looks like the same breed too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C8linVilla
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Cute! Do NOT give it a bath. in fact dont get it wet at all. Feed it fruits and veggies. NO iceburg lettuce. It should have a salt stick but i think it will be fine until tuesday without one. They like to eat hay as well. Cute bunny we use to breed for snake food. lol but i did have a few pet ones too

RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:30 PM

do not feed the rabbit tons of lettuce! its actually toxic to them.   Too many carrots and other veggies are harmful too. I'd buy a small bag of rabbit food at the pet store. You can give them water in a bowl but they will probably tip it. A rabbit or hamster bottle would be better.

They love to chew wires so watch those closely.

I was give it a cardboard box and line it with paper towels/newspaper or pine bedding. Do not use cedar. Its toxic to them as well.   

If you have a cat or dog it may try to beat them up and can actually cause some serious damage. 

I've had rabbits since i was 3 so feel free to pm me with any questions

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)