Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
It's a dumb one....
Pink eye is that something to go to a dr for?

ETA: ER or just wait until morning?
I was thinking just wait and go to the dr in the morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Replies (41-50):
arpazia
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Thank you!
I just hate seeing my kid in any kinda pain... Or itchiness! Lol

Quoting Momoftwinkies:

The over the counter drops will not cure it. They just help with the symptoms. When my kids had it the Dr. said they could go back to school when they no longer oozed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetmissy_05
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Yes you need antibiotics for that...it's highly contagious and can get worse if untreated.

Mrs.Bolin
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Ask your doctor baby girl, than you will know. Also you can google it. Quit gettin rude with everyone and go get the facts. Evidently you know nothing or you wouldnt be arguing with any of us. I think i know as a mother and what has worked for my children. Been there and done that. You still dont seem to know much about pink eye. There are two kinds of it.  What i described was right.

Quoting waffa:

Pink eye is more that just red eye and gunk, but apparently you, your breastmilk, and your ped dr know it all.

uhm ok you mother earth person. whatever floats your boat and makes you think breastmilk is a cure all

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

you dont seem to  know alot about it do you. You can basicly diagnose pink eye or simalar eye infections when the whites of the eyes are really pink and there is gunk in the eyes along with it. Breast milk is a natural antibiotic. My 4 mon old daughter had blocked tear ducts when she was born. After two mos of it on going, we were told to try breastmilk and it did the trick. Yes, you just take a dropper and drop some milk in the corner of the eyes. Very common solution. If you keep your stuff cleaned and wash it in hot water, keep your hands clean and not rubbing the eye then yes..it goes away on its own unless it gets really bad then seeing a doc is a good idea. My kids have an awesome pediatrition. 

Quoting waffa:

digabuh wut?

that is the 2nd post about bmilk I have seen; wtf are you going to do, squirt it in the kids' eye? and how does that get rid of the infection?

and, it doesn't go away on its own; did you get a diagnosis that your dd had it and it cleared up on its own, or did you jsut assume what she had was conjunctivitis?

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

not nesesarily, just keep those hands washed and any eye drop will work. Breastmilk works to clear it up too. Wash clothes and bedding constantly in hot water. My daughter had it over christmas break and it went away on its own. If your child is regurally going to school then yes you should take them to the doc

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Barronbaby
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Well my dr is amazing. And it deff was pink eye. No allergies what so ever as well

Quoting waffa:

then it was allergy caused inflammation and not infection; no dr in his/her right mind would tell you that otherwise.

Quoting Barronbaby:

It does clear up on its own. I had it 3 years ago abd went to the dr. She just said to keep it clean and frequently wash hands blankets and pillows, went away within a week.

Quoting waffa:

digabuh wut?

that is the 2nd post about bmilk I have seen; wtf are you going to do, squirt it in the kids' eye? and how does that get rid of the infection?

and, it doesn't go away on its own; did you get a diagnosis that your dd had it and it cleared up on its own, or did you jsut assume what she had was conjunctivitis?

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

not nesesarily, just keep those hands washed and any eye drop will work. Breastmilk works to clear it up too. Wash clothes and bedding constantly in hot water. My daughter had it over christmas break and it went away on its own. If your child is regurally going to school then yes you should take them to the doc

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Its not er worthy. Gash in kids head is. Unable to keep even fluids down is er worthy. High fevers that do no respond to tylonal or motrin is er worthy. Chest pains, unable to breathe, massive allergic reaction is er worthy. Pink eye is not and will never be er worthy. A trip to the dr if you want or a walk in clinic. But not er worthy

Quoting Buggy979:

I disagree...

Quoting Barronbaby:

Pink eye is not er worthy. Its not even dr necessary. It will clear up on its own. Drops otc help as well. They recommend kids to be put on the antibiotic drops since it tends to help lessen contagious period. Pink eye is not er worthy

Quoting Buggy979:

You need to stop typing and take your kid to the Dr. Now.. ER is your best net now! Just stop arguing get in the car, oh don't forget your child and go immediately to the ER... .

Quoting arpazia:

Lots of things are contagious that don't require a dr.

A cold is contagious, that wouldn't require a dr.

Quoting Buggy979:

Well if you know its contagious then why are you asking if you should go to the Dr?.

Quoting arpazia:

I know it's contagious. I didn't know if there was some OTC drops, I didn't want to go dr to the dr like some dumbass! Lol

Quoting Buggy979:

Yes, yes yes.. highly contagious

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waffa
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I don't need to ask my Dr anything, been getting pinkeye since before you were born I'm guessing; 42 over here, how about you? 20-something and knows it all?

I spent the entire Summer of 1981 with pinkeye going from 1 to the other before my Mom finally took me to the Dr, so yeah think I do know a thing or 2 about it and no, there are not 2 kinds of it; 1 is infectious and the other is just an eye irritant from external air quality.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Ask your doctor baby girl, than you will know. Also you can google it. Quit gettin rude with everyone and go get the facts. Evidently you know nothing or you wouldnt be arguing with any of us. I think i know as a mother and what has worked for my children. Been there and done that. You still dont seem to know much about pink eye. There are two kinds of it.  What i described was right.

Quoting waffa:

Pink eye is more that just red eye and gunk, but apparently you, your breastmilk, and your ped dr know it all.

uhm ok you mother earth person. whatever floats your boat and makes you think breastmilk is a cure all

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

you dont seem to  know alot about it do you. You can basicly diagnose pink eye or simalar eye infections when the whites of the eyes are really pink and there is gunk in the eyes along with it. Breast milk is a natural antibiotic. My 4 mon old daughter had blocked tear ducts when she was born. After two mos of it on going, we were told to try breastmilk and it did the trick. Yes, you just take a dropper and drop some milk in the corner of the eyes. Very common solution. If you keep your stuff cleaned and wash it in hot water, keep your hands clean and not rubbing the eye then yes..it goes away on its own unless it gets really bad then seeing a doc is a good idea. My kids have an awesome pediatrition. 

Quoting waffa:

digabuh wut?

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beware! Thar be trolls in these here threads. wink

Jessy613
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Yes

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Very contagious ... Wash the pillow cases!!! Rx meds are needed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Buggy979
by Danette on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM
My opinion and I can disagree. You may not and that's ok too

Quoting Barronbaby:

Its not er worthy. Gash in kids head is. Unable to keep even fluids down is er worthy. High fevers that do no respond to tylonal or motrin is er worthy. Chest pains, unable to breathe, massive allergic reaction is er worthy. Pink eye is not and will never be er worthy. A trip to the dr if you want or a walk in clinic. But not er worthy

Quoting Buggy979:

I disagree...

Quoting Barronbaby:

Pink eye is not er worthy. Its not even dr necessary. It will clear up on its own. Drops otc help as well. They recommend kids to be put on the antibiotic drops since it tends to help lessen contagious period. Pink eye is not er worthy

Quoting Buggy979:

You need to stop typing and take your kid to the Dr. Now.. ER is your best net now! Just stop arguing get in the car, oh don't forget your child and go immediately to the ER... .

Quoting arpazia:

Lots of things are contagious that don't require a dr.

A cold is contagious, that wouldn't require a dr.

Quoting Buggy979:

Well if you know its contagious then why are you asking if you should go to the Dr?.

Quoting arpazia:

I know it's contagious. I didn't know if there was some OTC drops, I didn't want to go dr to the dr like some dumbass! Lol

Quoting Buggy979:

Yes, yes yes.. highly contagious

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bolin
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:21 PM

totally wrong. but what ever. 42? Sounds like you got alot of growing up to do along with your "knowledge". Good luck hun. bye have a nice evening. Like i said. Ask a doc and google it

Quoting waffa:

I don't need to ask my Dr anything, been getting pinkeye since before you were born I'm guessing; 42 over here, how about you? 20-something and knows it all?

I spent the entire Summer of 1981 with pinkeye going from 1 to the other before my Mom finally took me to the Dr, so yeah think I do know a thing or 2 about it and no, there are not 2 kinds of it; 1 is infectious and the other is just an eye irritant from external air quality.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting waffa:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting waffa:

digabuh wut?

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN