Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

hes never getting a new pair of shoes again

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM
  • 93 Replies
1 mom liked this

or atleast not until he can learn to take care of them.

He usually buys the cheapy walmart $10 specials because he doesn't care about what his shoes look like. They will be destroyed within 2 weeks. I've timed it, they were destroyed 13 days after he got them.

After wasting $30 in walmart cheapy shoes, we finally ordered a $55pair from a shoes for crews place which are shoes that are made to LAST and my mom ordered shoes from there and 9 years later she still has them, and there still in good condition.

His are holey and the bottom piece (the rubbery part) is torn back on both of them.

Im not buying him another pair. If he wants new shoes he can go to the thrift store up the street and buy a pair for $2 but hes not even getting a walmart special until he can take care of them.

I know i shouldnt treat him as a child but hes acting like one!

When he gets bored at work he picks at his shoes, pulls on the rubbery part, just plays with them like a little damn kid and im tired of wasting our money on shoes for him to destory. He says he "doesnt mean to" and that he stopped doing that but seriously? its not like his ware and tare from his job. His job consists of him sitting on a computer pushing buttons and playing xbox 360 when there bored. Shoes should be able to last him longer then most people because of the fact his job requires him to do NOTHING.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IndianaWynette
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I think I would be just like you.

southernbelletx
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Shoes for crews are restaurant non slip shoes..... I didn't know they had regular shoes. I wouldn't let him have expensive shoes either send him in flip flops
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Buggy979
by Danette on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:52 AM
5 moms liked this
I think that he has every right to buy as many shoes he wants. He's working , don't know if you are but he is a grown man. Sorry, I just think he can ruin his shoes if he wants and turn around and buy more. After all they are his shoes..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArisMom208
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Quoting southernbelletx:

Shoes for crews are restaurant non slip shoes..... I didn't know they had regular shoes. I wouldn't let him have expensive shoes either send him in flip flops

Yep. You can even buy those dumb clog shoes from them too.

ArisMom208
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Quoting Buggy979:

I think that he has every right to buy as many shoes he wants. He's working , don't know if you are but he is a grown man. Sorry, I just think he can ruin his shoes if he wants and turn around and buy more. After all they are his shoes..

Yeah, hes working but we are tight on money in the first place and then putting out $50 a month in shoes for him is not worth it.

audreesmama
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:54 AM
16 moms liked this

I totally didn't know this post was about a grown ass man. 

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM

seriously?

BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:35 PM
My husband is the same way. He doesn't take care of his work boots. Those things are nearly 200 a pair. They don't last a year. So when the shoes he got last year blew out I had him start buying Walmart work boots. They last about 2-3 months because he gets them wet and doesn't condition them. He doesn't give a damn about them and it pisses me off
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I could only imagine my husband's reaction if I told him he couldn't get new shoes and had to buy used shoes, pretty sure he would laugh in my face. If he said that to me, it would be the start of a war.

Bax
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Agree

Quote:

I could only imagine my husband's reaction if I told him he couldn't get new shoes and had to buy used shoes, pretty sure he would laugh in my face. If he said that to me, it would be the start of a war.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)