Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Elope or Wedding?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:33 PM
  • 19 Replies
So it's my second marriage & his first. We both have children. He hates being the center of attention. My family & I aren't very close so the idea of hosting a wedding where there will be little side comments & negativity is less than appealing to me. However, the idea of eloping kinda makes me feeling cheated if that makes any sense. Thoughts?
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Have a small wedding. Only invite people you truly like.

boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Destination Wedding!    Take the kids (or just the two of you) and go on a cruise, or Hawaii, ot wherever you like and get married.   Romantic or family oriented... your choice.   It will be fun, special and just yours.

ThriftyMom3
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Boys2men, we are actually considering doing that with just the 2 of us. :-) it's just hard when you have a huge family & still feel alone.
teaching_mama
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:19 PM
My df and I are planning a destination wedding on the beach in North Carolina in August with just our parents, grandparents and about 20 of our closest friends. Still get to have the people we love there but without inviting all the people we'd feel obligated to if we had a wedding here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OkieOBRN
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:21 PM
2 moms liked this
We eloped ... cheap, easy, just as married as anyone else. No drama... i loved it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DragonMother10
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:25 PM
A simple one should really matter. Like others were saying destination wedding. It's about the marriage, a wedding is just one day.
mommyofgirl1974
by Lyn on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I agree!!

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Destination Wedding!    Take the kids (or just the two of you) and go on a cruise, or Hawaii, ot wherever you like and get married.   Romantic or family oriented... your choice.   It will be fun, special and just yours.

ThriftyMom3
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Thank you so much for your feedback ladies! I really appreciate it
jlm2676
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Dh and I went to Vegas. We really didn't elope since we told everyone what we were doing. It was a blast and I would live to go back.
emmy526
by Emmy on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:44 PM

have a small gathering in a neutral place with only friends and family you're comfortable with

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)