Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If something can go wrong.........it will

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:09 PM
  • 10 Replies

That is how my day has been.

The new computer we bought a year ago is losing its hard drive. Our warranty has just run out. Go figure. Hubby wanted to clean off the keyboard so he sprayed with something that made most the keys not work.

I called Staples and they said we could come order a hard drive. Cool. Well I had put our boa constrictor in the bath tub to soak and dh thought he would be fine if he ran to Staples. We got home and the snake was gone!

DH was pissed. I said he said would be fine. He finally located the snake under the bathroom sink thanks to our cats. Nosy little brats lol.  But we could not get under the sink. So we blocked the only access to under the house and closed the door. Luckily he came out and is now in his tank.

And Dh just now fixed the keyboard. But really today has sucked.

Vent over.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sherry132
by Sherry on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I certainly would not have left the boa. But then, I won't even own one.

It's sucked for me too. I just realized my son has  his first communion on the same day my daughter has her senior prom. I've spent the entire day on school work and was just told that my dad's computer hard drive crashed. 

What kind of computer do you have? 

kansasmom1978
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:58 PM

it's a toshiba satellite. From what I've found online it's not just our laptop that has crashed several of toshiba satellites have. We've had for just over a year. Im on our old laptop. It's a Dell we bought in 2006. And it still works. knock on wood.

I don't mind snakes. This one is small and mellow. I trusted dh the snake expert. I have since told him his an idiot. The snake is locked in his tank and he wont be swimming for a while lol.

Im sorry your day has been bad too. Those are two imporant days and i think it would be rough if they were on the same day because you want to make each day important. I am sure you will still succeed.

Quoting sherry132:

Well, I certainly would not have left the boa. But then, I won't even own one.

It's sucked for me too. I just realized my son has  his first communion on the same day my daughter has her senior prom. I've spent the entire day on school work and was just told that my dad's computer hard drive crashed. 

What kind of computer do you have? 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM

At least most things were fixed in less than a day.

mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Our Toshiba only lasted a year. DH has a Dell that was older than the Toshiba and I bought a MacBook.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:44 PM

LOL!

owl0210
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:56 PM
You seem to have the worst luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM

It's amazing how computers seem to know when the warranty is going to expire, then they go out within a year.  My Dell laptop died 5 months after the warrany expired, and 3 months after I finally got wireless DSL.

kansasmom1978
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Yeah I wont be buying another Toshiba. The tech guy said our issue was we bought our computer after a bunch of floods in asia. And when most hard drives were "sub-par' I dont care my annoying dell is 7 years old and works. I should not have to replace the hard drive after a year. And the problem with the hard drive is mechanical so at least I know I don't have some virus.

Quoting mommytoeandb:

Our Toshiba only lasted a year. DH has a Dell that was older than the Toshiba and I bought a MacBook.

kansasmom1978
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Lately it does seem that way. I need some good luck.

Quoting owl0210:

You seem to have the worst luck.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM
We have a dell from the 90s that keeps on trucking. Dells we bought later for the kids college yrs were lemons. ..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN