Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

thinking about going organic?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:26 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

for health reasons... for me and dd. shes healthy but is delayed and im having her tested for autism add etc... shes going to be 3 soon. im obese and want to get healthy.... i have a serious problem with boredom eating, and eating processed shit :( i know i have to stop... We LOVE veggies and fruits. theres a very short list of what i wont eat. any recipie ideas, words of wisdom, and shopping help would be great.

I wont eat: sea food (no fish shrimp etc), mushrooms, liver, or capers...dd she eats just about everything lol. 

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma4vr
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:26 PM

BUMP!

momma4vr
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:27 PM

BUMP!

momma4vr
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:29 PM

BUMP!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Chicken sausage yummy makes a good substitute for any pork sausage and comes in many more flavors/options.  Whole grain breads, pastas, rice rather than the white variety. There is tons of organic junk food out there so i would just focus on being healthier period.

momma4vr
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Chicken sausage yummy makes a good substitute for any pork sausage and comes in many more flavors/options.  Whole grain breads, pastas, rice rather than the white variety. There is tons of organic junk food out there so i would just focus on being healthier period.

yeah i want to start making lunches for work. eating alot of raw veggies and fruits etc. 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:39 PM

http://wellnessmama.com/recipe-index/#

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:40 PM

http://www.cookinglight.com/eating-smart/smart-choices/healthy-lunch-ideas-00412000067923/

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:47 PM
I agree, focus on healthier, not just organic.

Some tastes need to get used to...when i first switched to whole wheat pasta, I had to mix it with regular. I still have to have some regular (more for DH than the kids) but I use mostly whole wheat and if I use enough sauce, he can't tell. I know you don't like seafood but if you shrimp or even tuna to spaghetti sauce, you're adding protein to the dish. The first few times I added tuna, DH thought it was chicken. LOL!

Read labels...not all wheat bread is whole wheat and some contain high fructose corn syrup. Keep eating your fruits and veggies!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma4vr
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:17 AM

i cant stand tuna even mixed in stuff. i might be more open to trying tofu for protien first lol.... shrimp is the texture thing for me. idk why but i cant do it... but i love spinach and greens... have u ever shopped at whole foods? 

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Some tastes need to get used to...when i first switched to whole wheat pasta, I had to mix it with regular. I still have to have some regular (more for DH than the kids) but I use mostly whole wheat and if I use enough sauce, he can't tell. I know you don't like seafood but if you shrimp or even tuna to spaghetti sauce, you're adding protein to the dish. The first few times I added tuna, DH thought it was chicken. LOL!

Read labels...not all wheat bread is whole wheat and some contain high fructose corn syrup. Keep eating your fruits and veggies!

Quoting frndlyfn:

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:26 AM
I've been there a few times. The one closest to me is tiny and gets very crowded, I don't like it.

Quoting momma4vr:

i cant stand tuna even mixed in stuff. i might be more open to trying tofu for protien first lol.... shrimp is the texture thing for me. idk why but i cant do it... but i love spinach and greens... have u ever shopped at whole foods? 

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN