Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

did anyone watch this movie?

if so thoughts?

the whole thing makes me sick, and sad. So sad sad sad for that little girl.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
southernbelle07
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:05 PM
There was evidence of a decomposing body in the trunk of HER car... The mother was obviously lying about looking up chloroform on the computer, she was at work that day... Why would the father, a former police officer, dispose of his granddaughters body if she accidentally drowned in a pool, when disposing of the body was a crime? I don't see why they didn't prosecute.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

They were thinking they had to follow the law and instructions. Blame the prosecution, they failed to make their case.

Quoting southernbelle07:

I just finished watching it. The whole time I was thinking, "what were those jurors thinking?!"

It is so sad. That poor little girl.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:06 PM
I know!!!!! I was screaming at the tv! They had hair in the duct take... Caylee's hair - then they said that she accidentally drown and that the grandpa found her and pulled her out and then yelled at Casey saying "your mother will never forgive you" and the whole time she was missing she was out partying!!!! What kind of parent does that!?? The whole thing makes me sick!

Quoting hope2bsoon:

Quoting DomesticDoll:

Yes I watched it. I feel the same way. Makes me so mad they didn't find her guilty and that her little girl didn't get justice! Poor little baby!

it is amazing that they "didn't have enough evidence to convict her" IMO it was all right there in plain sight...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyBee12808
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:07 PM
No. She makes my blood boil. She knows what she did. She had something to do with Caylee's death and she isn't woman enough to admit to it. I was 19 when I had my daughter and being a "young mom" is no excuse. Whether she drowned or was drugged, she should have confessed. Instead she put her family through hell looking for that sweet baby. Rip Caylee.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hope2bsoon
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:08 PM

the decomposition of a human body in the trunk was enough for me....then add the tape...the hair...it nailed the coffin shut for me...I just still can't understand where they feel there wasn't enough evidence...

Quoting DomesticDoll:

I know!!!!! I was screaming at the tv! They had hair in the duct take... Caylee's hair - then they said that she accidentally drown and that the grandpa found her and pulled her out and then yelled at Casey saying "your mother will never forgive you" and the whole time she was missing she was out partying!!!! What kind of parent does that!?? The whole thing makes me sick!

Quoting hope2bsoon:

Quoting DomesticDoll:

Yes I watched it. I feel the same way. Makes me so mad they didn't find her guilty and that her little girl didn't get justice! Poor little baby!

it is amazing that they "didn't have enough evidence to convict her" IMO it was all right there in plain sight...

hope2bsoon
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:09 PM

RIGHT!?

Quoting southernbelle07:

There was evidence of a decomposing body in the trunk of HER car... The mother was obviously lying about looking up chloroform on the computer, she was at work that day... Why would the father, a former police officer, dispose of his granddaughters body if she accidentally drowned in a pool, when disposing of the body was a crime? I don't see why they didn't prosecute.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

They were thinking they had to follow the law and instructions. Blame the prosecution, they failed to make their case.

Quoting southernbelle07:

I just finished watching it. The whole time I was thinking, "what were those jurors thinking?!"

singlemama0905
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:09 PM
exactly my thoughts

all these years later and nothing even remotely fits the not guilty verdict. this is a case that I dont think.will ever rest silently.

after they came back.not.guilty my mom and I talked about the fact that some day, someone would end up letting their anger out and killing her. I honestly can't say it would surprise me someday...part of me is surprised she's still alive at all.

hell, im pretty sure my own parents woulda killed me before I had a chance to even report my baby missing...

Quoting southernbelle07:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting southernbelle07:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hope2bsoon
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Quoting MommyBee12808:

No. She makes my blood boil. She knows what she did. She had something to do with Caylee's death and she isn't woman enough to admit to it. I was 19 when I had my daughter and being a "young mom" is no excuse. Whether she drowned or was drugged, she should have confessed. Instead she put her family through hell looking for that sweet baby. Rip Caylee.

not to mention completely throwing her dad under the bus....saying he sexually abused her...the man tried to commit suicide....it must have been Hell on earth for them

JLah
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:11 PM

It breaks my heart. I wish our system would let a retrial.

hope2bsoon
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I too am surprised the public hasn't tried to take matters into their own hands

Quoting singlemama0905:

exactly my thoughts

all these years later and nothing even remotely fits the not guilty verdict. this is a case that I dont think.will ever rest silently.

after they came back.not.guilty my mom and I talked about the fact that some day, someone would end up letting their anger out and killing her. I honestly can't say it would surprise me someday...part of me is surprised she's still alive at all.

hell, im pretty sure my own parents woulda killed me before I had a chance to even report my baby missing...

Quoting southernbelle07:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting southernbelle07:

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I know !!! Me too!!!! And the weird reactions and the way Casey was acting when her mom and dad came to visit her in jail?!!!! Bizarre! She wasn't even shedding a tear. She was annoyed with her mom.... It was just weird.

The jury? What the heck! I would of been the 1 who couldn't agree with the rest of them!

Quoting hope2bsoon:

the decomposition of a human body in the trunk was enough for me....then add the tape...the hair...it nailed the coffin shut for me...I just still can't understand where they feel there wasn't enough evidence...

Quoting DomesticDoll:

Quoting hope2bsoon:

Quoting DomesticDoll:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)