Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

did anyone watch this movie?

if so thoughts?

the whole thing makes me sick, and sad. So sad sad sad for that little girl.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Replies (21-30):
singlemama0905
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:13 PM
I'm not at all saying it's the right thing to do, but I'm very surprised no one has.

Quoting hope2bsoon:

I too am surprised the public hasn't tried to take matters into their own hands

Quoting singlemama0905:

exactly my thoughts

all these years later and nothing even remotely fits the not guilty verdict. this is a case that I dont think.will ever rest silently.

after they came back.not.guilty my mom and I talked about the fact that some day, someone would end up letting their anger out and killing her. I honestly can't say it would surprise me someday...part of me is surprised she's still alive at all.

hell, im pretty sure my own parents woulda killed me before I had a chance to even report my baby missing...

Quoting southernbelle07:

There was evidence of a decomposing body in the trunk of HER car... The mother was obviously lying about looking up chloroform on the computer, she was at work that day... Why would the father, a former police officer, dispose of his granddaughters body if she accidentally drowned in a pool, when disposing of the body was a crime? I don't see why they didn't prosecute.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

They were thinking they had to follow the law and instructions. Blame the prosecution, they failed to make their case.

Quoting southernbelle07:

I just finished watching it. The whole time I was thinking, "what were those jurors thinking?!"

It is so sad. That poor little girl.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:13 PM
If they made their case well Casey would be sitting in prison. The prosecutions own witnesses said Casey was a good mother, patient and attentive. They had no motive, no cause of death, no hard evidence, and what evidence they did have was thrown out so the jury couldn't use it. All they had was a girl who lied about her job, who went to a few parties, obviously has a dysfunctional family, and had a smelly car that she abandoned. Now I don't believe she was totally innocent but had I been on the jury I couldn't have gone with guilty either.

Quoting hope2bsoon:

I really believe that is a matter of opinion...I think they made their case...and they did it well...I may be taken to the cafe mom chopping block for saying that, but I believe they made a strong case

Quoting quickbooksworm:

They were thinking they had to follow the law and instructions. Blame the prosecution, they failed to make their case.

Quoting southernbelle07:

I just finished watching it. The whole time I was thinking, "what were those jurors thinking?!"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyssasmommy412
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I didn't watch it I think it would have just ticked me off.

hope2bsoon
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Quoting JLah:

It breaks my heart. I wish our system would let a retrial.

ME TOO!

hope2bsoon
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:18 PM

me either!! LOL....I am surprised too though..

Quoting singlemama0905:

I'm not at all saying it's the right thing to do, but I'm very surprised no one has.

Quoting hope2bsoon:

I too am surprised the public hasn't tried to take matters into their own hands

Quoting singlemama0905:

exactly my thoughts

all these years later and nothing even remotely fits the not guilty verdict. this is a case that I dont think.will ever rest silently.

after they came back.not.guilty my mom and I talked about the fact that some day, someone would end up letting their anger out and killing her. I honestly can't say it would surprise me someday...part of me is surprised she's still alive at all.

hell, im pretty sure my own parents woulda killed me before I had a chance to even report my baby missing...

Quoting southernbelle07:

There was evidence of a decomposing body in the trunk of HER car... The mother was obviously lying about looking up chloroform on the computer, she was at work that day... Why would the father, a former police officer, dispose of his granddaughters body if she accidentally drowned in a pool, when disposing of the body was a crime? I don't see why they didn't prosecute.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting southernbelle07:

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM
There were other searches about ways to kill someone that was found searched on another browser. It was thrown out. But if Casey was pretending to have a job and was out all the time with friends and practically moved in with her boyfriend, I'm not sure she was the one to do all those searches. I don't buy the drowning theory but I think someone in that house is responsible, just maybe not Casey.

Quoting southernbelle07:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting southernbelle07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
namestaken
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Hell no! I saw the trial and thought they let a baby killer walk free. I don't want that freaking waste of life to get ANY more attention, money or give a Damn..
hope2bsoon
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:21 PM

They did have evidence of a decomposed body in the trunk of her car....and 38 searches for chloroform....IMO....that is enough....like I said I may not be part of the majority but I think they had enough evidence...atleast for manslaguther

Quoting quickbooksworm:

If they made their case well Casey would be sitting in prison. The prosecutions own witnesses said Casey was a good mother, patient and attentive. They had no motive, no cause of death, no hard evidence, and what evidence they did have was thrown out so the jury couldn't use it. All they had was a girl who lied about her job, who went to a few parties, obviously has a dysfunctional family, and had a smelly car that she abandoned. Now I don't believe she was totally innocent but had I been on the jury I couldn't have gone with guilty either.

Quoting hope2bsoon:

I really believe that is a matter of opinion...I think they made their case...and they did it well...I may be taken to the cafe mom chopping block for saying that, but I believe they made a strong case

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting southernbelle07:

hope2bsoon
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Quoting namestaken:

Hell no! I saw the trial and thought they let a baby killer walk free. I don't want that freaking waste of life to get ANY more attention, money or give a Damn..

I felt the same way, but curiosity got the best of me...I followed it so closely when it was happening...I was just wondering if they would say something I didn't already know

hope2bsoon
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:25 PM

well, maybe the real way to view the whole situation is that the judicial system has failed us....not allowing so much in court for various reasons kept these people from being able to make an even better case ( as I already thought they did well)

Quoting quickbooksworm:

There were other searches about ways to kill someone that was found searched on another browser. It was thrown out. But if Casey was pretending to have a job and was out all the time with friends and practically moved in with her boyfriend, I'm not sure she was the one to do all those searches. I don't buy the drowning theory but I think someone in that house is responsible, just maybe not Casey.

Quoting southernbelle07:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting southernbelle07:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN