Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

did anyone watch this movie?

if so thoughts?

the whole thing makes me sick, and sad. So sad sad sad for that little girl.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Replies (31-40):
DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:25 PM
And one more thing, don't forget she didn't report her daughter missing ... For a MONTH!!!!!!

Why? If she was innocent wouldn't she have called the minute she knew she was missing?????

And what nanny??? She don't have a nanny! And it wasn't just a "smelly" car they found evidence of chloroform in her trunk!!!!!

Quoting quickbooksworm:

If they made their case well Casey would be sitting in prison. The prosecutions own witnesses said Casey was a good mother, patient and attentive. They had no motive, no cause of death, no hard evidence, and what evidence they did have was thrown out so the jury couldn't use it. All they had was a girl who lied about her job, who went to a few parties, obviously has a dysfunctional family, and had a smelly car that she abandoned. Now I don't believe she was totally innocent but had I been on the jury I couldn't have gone with guilty either.

Quoting hope2bsoon:

I really believe that is a matter of opinion...I think they made their case...and they did it well...I may be taken to the cafe mom chopping block for saying that, but I believe they made a strong case

Quoting quickbooksworm:

They were thinking they had to follow the law and instructions. Blame the prosecution, they failed to make their case.

Quoting southernbelle07:

I just finished watching it. The whole time I was thinking, "what were those jurors thinking?!"

It is so sad. That poor little girl.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hope2bsoon
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:27 PM

check. check. and check.

all of these things are valid points as well....even furthering my belief

Quoting DomesticDoll:

And one more thing, don't forget she didn't report her daughter missing ... For a MONTH!!!!!!

Why? If she was innocent wouldn't she have called the minute she knew she was missing?????

And what nanny??? She don't have a nanny! And it wasn't just a "smelly" car they found evidence of chloroform in her trunk!!!!!

Quoting quickbooksworm:

If they made their case well Casey would be sitting in prison. The prosecutions own witnesses said Casey was a good mother, patient and attentive. They had no motive, no cause of death, no hard evidence, and what evidence they did have was thrown out so the jury couldn't use it. All they had was a girl who lied about her job, who went to a few parties, obviously has a dysfunctional family, and had a smelly car that she abandoned. Now I don't believe she was totally innocent but had I been on the jury I couldn't have gone with guilty either.

Quoting hope2bsoon:

I really believe that is a matter of opinion...I think they made their case...and they did it well...I may be taken to the cafe mom chopping block for saying that, but I believe they made a strong case

Quoting quickbooksworm:

They were thinking they had to follow the law and instructions. Blame the prosecution, they failed to make their case.

Quoting southernbelle07:

I just finished watching it. The whole time I was thinking, "what were those jurors thinking?!"

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:30 PM
But that's the problem...they didn't go for manslaughter. They went for murder and a lot of evidence ended as circumstantial. I watched the Dr. G episode about this. The forensics all pointed to homocide, but the bones were dry...no toxicology, no flesh, no actual body to look at...just dry little kid bones. They couldn't nail her with the chloroform because there was only a search...no evidence that it was used on Caylee.

I highly doubt the jury is satisfied with their job, but for the charges brought against her, their hands were kind of tied. I'm sure it eats them alive everyday that a child killer is out to roam.
Quoting hope2bsoon:

They did have evidence of a decomposed body in the trunk of her car....and 38 searches for chloroform....IMO....that is enough....like I said I may not be part of the majority but I think they had enough evidence...atleast for manslaguther

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting hope2bsoon:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting southernbelle07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernbelle07
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Even so, the fact that she didn't report her daughter missing for a month would tell me that she had SOMETHING to do with it. If she really didn't know what happened to her daughter, and was so caring, she would have called sooner. She didn't even call. Her mother did. She should have been convicted of something other than the false police report or whatever.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

There were other searches about ways to kill someone that was found searched on another browser. It was thrown out. But if Casey was pretending to have a job and was out all the time with friends and practically moved in with her boyfriend, I'm not sure she was the one to do all those searches. I don't buy the drowning theory but I think someone in that house is responsible, just maybe not Casey.

Quoting southernbelle07:

There was evidence of a decomposing body in the trunk of HER car... The mother was obviously lying about looking up chloroform on the computer, she was at work that day... Why would the father, a former police officer, dispose of his granddaughters body if she accidentally drowned in a pool, when disposing of the body was a crime? I don't see why they didn't prosecute.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting southernbelle07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:39 PM
It wasn't a crime to not report missing child. This case changed our law. They had no other charges available. The jury even brought up that question and the prosecution said it was all or nothing. They didn't allow manslaughter- it was murder 1 or nothing. It was a bad gamble.

Quoting southernbelle07:

Even so, the fact that she didn't report her daughter missing for a month would tell me that she had SOMETHING to do with it. If she really didn't know what happened to her daughter, and was so caring, she would have called sooner. She didn't even call. Her mother did. She should have been convicted of something other than the false police report or whatever.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

There were other searches about ways to kill someone that was found searched on another browser. It was thrown out. But if Casey was pretending to have a job and was out all the time with friends and practically moved in with her boyfriend, I'm not sure she was the one to do all those searches. I don't buy the drowning theory but I think someone in that house is responsible, just maybe not Casey.

Quoting southernbelle07:

There was evidence of a decomposing body in the trunk of HER car... The mother was obviously lying about looking up chloroform on the computer, she was at work that day... Why would the father, a former police officer, dispose of his granddaughters body if she accidentally drowned in a pool, when disposing of the body was a crime? I don't see why they didn't prosecute.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting southernbelle07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hope2bsoon
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I'm sure you are right about that....

Quoting beadingmom17:

But that's the problem...they didn't go for manslaughter. They went for murder and a lot of evidence ended as circumstantial. I watched the Dr. G episode about this. The forensics all pointed to homocide, but the bones were dry...no toxicology, no flesh, no actual body to look at...just dry little kid bones. They couldn't nail her with the chloroform because there was only a search...no evidence that it was used on Caylee.

I highly doubt the jury is satisfied with their job, but for the charges brought against her, their hands were kind of tied. I'm sure it eats them alive everyday that a child killer is out to roam.
Quoting hope2bsoon:

They did have evidence of a decomposed body in the trunk of her car....and 38 searches for chloroform....IMO....that is enough....like I said I may not be part of the majority but I think they had enough evidence...atleast for manslaguther

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting hope2bsoon:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting southernbelle07:

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:41 PM
I know I sure as hell couldn't have been on that jury!

Quoting hope2bsoon:

I'm sure you are right about that....

Quoting beadingmom17:

Quoting hope2bsoon:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting hope2bsoon:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting southernbelle07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:45 PM
OK so there wasn't a nanny. Lying isn't a crime (she was convicted of lying to police during an investigation). Plenty of people lie every day and they aren't killers.

Not reporting a missing child was not a crime. This case changed our law. But its not evidence.

There was an issue with evidence found in her trunk. I don't remember what it was but it wasn't definitive.

Quoting DomesticDoll:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting hope2bsoon:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting southernbelle07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoblueeyes
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:46 PM
The movie was biased and made the prosecution look desperate to just pin the murder on an innocent mother. It's bs. She lied every time and yet they chose to believe the last story she told. My friend lost her 20 month old to an accident in the pool and her reaction was dial 911 and she did cpr till they arrived. She never was questioned as a murderer, it was an accident!!!! Casey's dad was the law at one time he would've known that duh.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:48 PM
But the judicial system didn't fail. Its not perfect, for sure. But by allowing faulty evidence we take a step backwards. Before actual evidence was required, a LOT of innocent people were wrongly convicted. I'm not willing to sacrifice the lives of many innocent people to convict a handful of guilty ones.

Quoting hope2bsoon:

well, maybe the real way to view the whole situation is that the judicial system has failed us....not allowing so much in court for various reasons kept these people from being able to make an even better case ( as I already thought they did well)

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting southernbelle07:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Quoting southernbelle07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN