Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

seriously? twice wasnt enough?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM
  • 16 Replies
I have my 3rd bad cold in less than 2 months. I've been sick more than I've been healthy since thanksgiving. Ugh. Okay vent over
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ILoveMyKids84_
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:34 AM

UGH I am sorry,I am used to getting sick,every single time the weather changes I get a 2 week long sinus infection,I get colds,I have had strep,etc,I hope You feel better soon.

ILoveMyKids84_ Formerly _WC_Mama

aj2011
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Sorry to hear. I hope you get better real soon! feel better

WebCat
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:25 AM

That really sucks! Sounds like you need to go into "Mega-Obsessive-Prevention" mode. Wipe down the shopping carts, use paper towels to open public doors. If you work outside the house go nuts on the alcohol on all the surfaces and make everyone stand 6 feet away and never, ever shake hands with anyone. I did that at work when our entire accounting department was sick and it really helped. I even wiped down the elevator buttons and door handles. The cleaning people barely do what they need to do so I'm sure they never actually sanitize the elevator buttons. 

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Sorry i hope you feel better soon..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Vitamin C and Vitamin D, especially during the winter months!

marysmithy
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Wash your hands. A lot. And take some Emergen-C and a vitamin D 1000 every day. A nurse told me to do that and I haven't had a cold in a year. Hope you feel better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Thanks everyone. I hope I don't have this one very long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazysheep
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:24 AM
I have a bad immune system. Someone just looks at me with a cold and I get it! (Lol okay joking... but I do get sick every few weeks).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:26 AM
I work in a call center which I am sure is about 90 % of the problem but I wipe my desk down all the time and I'm still getting sick. I think another part of the issue though is that my 3 yr old goes to preschool this year and he is bringing home more germs.

Quoting WebCat:

That really sucks! Sounds like you need to go into "Mega-Obsessive-Prevention" mode. Wipe down the shopping carts, use paper towels to open public doors. If you work outside the house go nuts on the alcohol on all the surfaces and make everyone stand 6 feet away and never, ever shake hands with anyone. I did that at work when our entire accounting department was sick and it really helped. I even wiped down the elevator buttons and door handles. The cleaning people barely do what they need to do so I'm sure they never actually sanitize the elevator buttons. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Me, too! Laryngitis off and on since Thanksgiving. And I'm a singer!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN