Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Freaking out & feeling alone

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hello!  I'm 35, am single with no children, and just found out that I am pregnant.  I go for my 3rd dr visit tomorrow- it's called a "protocol" visit??  My HCG levels are rising, as seen from my first two lab visits.  I had a period in December, however, the nurse told me that I might be further along than my last period in December since my levels are in the 15,000's.  I started feeling achy and full this past week, boobs killing me, moody as hell... I just lost my job in December, lost my insurance, and I feel absolutely alone.  I feel very tired and overwhelmed going through this all alone, with no family.  I have a new job to begin Feb 4th, which requires lots of long hours and will be on my feet a lot.  Not sure how I'm going to handle it or if I'll be able to do it, which scares me because I've got to work!  I haven't told anyone yet about the pregnancy, except for my best friend/ex-boyfriend.  He is overwhelmed also since I am not sure if he is the father- until I go to the doctor again tomorrow and find out how far along I am.  He is being very positive, says he wants to support me no matter what.  WOW.... This is all Very, Very unexpected and I'm flipping out today.  Also, it seems for the past 3 nights I have felt so sick, with each night getting worse.. smells bother me, my skin is very sensitive, I can't get warm, crampy, anxious/panicky, tired..... Just needing some support in a bad way!!!   Thanks!

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carolina_gal
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Wow, sounds like you have a lot going on right now. I hope you'll hang out with us here and get some support.

Quoting Roxygirl18:

Hello!  I'm 35, am single with no children, and just found out that I am pregnant.  I go for my 3rd dr visit tomorrow- it's called a "protocol" visit??  My HCG levels are rising, as seen from my first two lab visits.  I had a period in December, however, the nurse told me that I might be further along than my last period in December since my levels are in the 15,000's.  I started feeling achy and full this past week, boobs killing me, moody as hell... I just lost my job in December, lost my insurance, and I feel absolutely alone.  I feel very tired and overwhelmed going through this all alone, with no family.  I have a new job to begin Feb 4th, which requires lots of long hours and will be on my feet a lot.  Not sure how I'm going to handle it or if I'll be able to do it, which scares me because I've got to work!  I haven't told anyone yet about the pregnancy, except for my best friend/ex-boyfriend.  He is overwhelmed also since I am not sure if he is the father- until I go to the doctor again tomorrow and find out how far along I am.  He is being very positive, says he wants to support me no matter what.  WOW.... This is all Very, Very unexpected and I'm flipping out today.  Also, it seems for the past 3 nights I have felt so sick, with each night getting worse.. smells bother me, my skin is very sensitive, I can't get warm, crampy, anxious/panicky, tired..... Just needing some support in a bad way!!!   Thanks!

LilrockerMama
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:36 AM
3 moms liked this
It is scary at first. You'll do fine it all just comes together and works out, no matter how impossible it seems.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
larissacst
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:40 AM
3 moms liked this

Welcome to being pregnant :)You have every symptom in the book. You can handle it..all of us here did. GL new momma! And congrats. When I got PG I had already decided I wasn't having kids. Now my son is 6 and I wouldn't trade him for anything.

paknari
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to pregnancy! All of your symptoms are pretty normal and you have every reason to feel panicky. I will tell you though that the symptoms subside, and things do get better. As for work, I work 5 10 hour days and 5 hours on Saturday and I am now 33 wks pregnant. Eventually it may become too much but I have been working these hours for years and my body is used to it. Eat healthy and exercise to keep your body conditioned and you will make it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Congratulations! Is this your first baby? It seems like I've seen you on here before. It's good that you have your friend/ex to help. That means you are not alone. :-)

Hang in there, it gets better. I'm sure you can do it.
3gr8tKids
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
That is a lot to process. I assume if its not the ex' s baby you'll know who's it is?

Your symptoms are classic. Never understood why they call it morning sickness.

Best wishes to you as you try to sort it all out.
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Good luck. I hope that everything works out okay, that would be stressful

kcmomama
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
You sound pregnant! Life and babies find a way of sorting themselves out. You're going to do great! I've been blessed enough to have a lot of help from family so I don't have to work. so I have no good advice about that. But just try to relax and enjoy the ride!
Beth3721
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Sorry you're going through a tough time. Find some good groups to get into and there will be a lot of support.  Just stay away from Mom Confessions.  They're nasty in there.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:29 PM
She is right. And even if everything was perfectly in place, you would be panicky anyway because its your first pregnancy and its all new and your body is acting treasonous.

Quoting LilrockerMama:

It is scary at first. You'll do fine it all just comes together and works out, no matter how impossible it seems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN