Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How to go about leaving Dh? Please help ASAP

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:25 PM
  • 20 Replies
I believe Dh is cheating. I know I need to leave but don't want to screw myself or him (I do still care about him). We own a house together, we have a son together but out bank accounts are separate. I work but only part time (and there is no full time available). I doubt he will leave willing because his name is on the house but he knows I don't have anywhere I could go right away. I just don't know how all this works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazylovingfam
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Nobody
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoKamele
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:50 PM

You only believe he is cheating? Do you have proof? What if he isn't?

Can you sit down and talk about it? Are you ready to give up on your family?

Just asking..........I wouldn't do anything in haste that you will regret at your leisure.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Just me, but I wouldn't do anything right now. If you have nowhere to go, you don't have many options. Put a plan into place first so you do have options and aren't jumping from the frying pan into the fire.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazylovingfam
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:16 PM
http://m.cafemom.com/groups/read_topic.php?group_id=416&topic_id=17943706&highlight=218776397#post218776397

That is my original post. It is not that I just suspect it but I have found condoms in his car, and suspicious emails

Quoting SoKamele:

You only believe he is cheating? Do you have proof? What if he isn't?

Can you sit down and talk about it? Are you ready to give up on your family?

Just asking..........I wouldn't do anything in haste that you will regret at your leisure.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazylovingfam
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Well I could afford a place of my own just not here. Also the house is under my name. My name is primary and he is secondary since her bought it before we were married

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Just me, but I wouldn't do anything right now. If you have nowhere to go, you don't have many options. Put a plan into place first so you do have options and aren't jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:19 PM
This. A hundred times.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
justahousewife
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM
I would suggest counseling first.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I would wait a couple of months and do nothing but save, save, save.  If you have any kind of joint account, take half and put it into an account with only your name.

Whatever you do, don't have sex with him, no telling what disease he may pass on to you.

Save your money, start looking for full time work.

Englishmom400
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:40 PM

What does DH mean? 

Anime727
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:03 PM

According to your original post the emails are enough to say he has cheating intentions and if hes actually acted on them is one thing, confront with evidence or suffer in silence because still caring for someone that cheats on you is NOT a good example for your son. If he accuses you or snooping you can say its his fault for being dishonest and making you feel suspicious. Also i agree with the dont have sex with him part from a previous poster, same thing happened to my MIL, she has herpes now, 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)