Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hair bleaching messup...Need opinions.

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:04 PM
  • 16 Replies

Okay i had died my hair dark brown before DD was born, so about 20 months ago. Last night i bought two boxes of "Super Blonde" and we used the first box and it seemed like plenty so i washed it off and it was horrible. Neon bright orange. Rebleached it (second box) and forgot to put in the lightining creme so we only used the 2 packets of lightening powder, it lightened my hair from neon orange to blonde-yellow-orange-ish. The roots are blone, like...well super blonde and then it goes a darker blonde and the shade of blond keeps changing til the bottom wear its orange-ish. 

I kinda like it, hubby wanted me to leave it neon orange...but i loved my hair when it was pink and purple so my judgement obviously isnt normal..

What do you think? Is it okay or do i need to die it all one color? I really don't want to bleach it a 3rd time in 2 days. My hair is already pretty fried.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Oh boy, I would head to a salon. I could not walk around like that nor would I attempt to correct on my own.

SJF1989
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Buy a normal blonde but yet still light if you want it light, it also comes with the conditioner that will help a lot. I use to dye my hair all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ibebreezy
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I would dye it a blonde that had no lift to it.

TristaB
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Id fix it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessy613
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Quoting TristaB:

Id fix it...

SamMom912
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with breezy... Go buy a box of no lift deposit only (10 volume peroxide, not harsh for your hair) in a level 8 or level 9 blonde go with neutral base or blue violet base). Let it sit for 20-15 minutes. Ronse, wash. 

The level 8 or 9 is not white blonde... Level refers to how much depth there is to color... 10 being white blonde, level 6 being dark blonde, 5 heading towrd brown... O being black... Get it...

Then the neutral base has and equal amount of red, yellow and blue( which is what all haircolor is made from). The neutral color wont deposit too much if unwanted undertone...ever seen someone with green hair.. Too much blue and yellow... Make sence)?

If you dont like that orangy yellow... Then counteract with a color that has blue viloet undertone... Will subdue that brassy blonde... 

Dont let color sit too long ( do a porus test... If your hair is truly fried, it will hold onto water for a long time) if it dries quick, your hair isnt fried... Def. use a product that will add some shine..and buy a good conditioner if it does take a long time to dry and it is porus.. Then only leave color on for 15--- then rub small section off with paper towel.. See if color looks good. 

Put color on from root to end, work in 4 sections.. Like front left, roots to end, front right roots to ends... Do your whole head that way and try to b methodical. 

Good luck.. Bad hair sucks! 

Quoting ibebreezy:

I would dye it a blonde that had no lift to it.

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Just give it a few days, once it falls out who cares what color it is.

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM
YOU NEED TONER!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP! That takes out the brassy orangish color!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Or head to a salon!!!! Your hair needs to be color corrected!!!! By a professional! But they will have to make your hair platinum blonde!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

No. They wont. They'll do what I mentioned above. I went to hairdressing school and the procedure would NOT be to strip her hair of all color ----that went out in 1970.

Quoting DomesticDoll:

Or head to a salon!!!! Your hair needs to be color corrected!!!! By a professional! But they will have to make your hair platinum blonde!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)