Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you take your kids to see scary movies?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:47 PM
  • 28 Replies
I wouldn't. My twins are only 2 though. I'm asking because Saturday, I went to the theater and saw Mama. OMFG. That movie made me cry, it was so horrific. I took my 11 year old sister, Anthony and Lexies 3 friends. My momma took my twins, and my older sisters 2 kids to play at this place in our mall. I would have NEVER taken my sister to see that movie if I had known how Scary it was. She is a baby with fear, so am I, and she wanted to leave. Lmao. I felt bad...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Nope...scariest movie I myself have seen in the last few years is Brave, lol! I don't do scary movies.

Sidenote: I am extremely curious about that movie...PM me the plot?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karen2112
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:53 PM

My 10 yr old can't handle scary movies, which is really disappointing to me. I had hoped we would do that together.  I have a co-worker whose kids love scary movies. Depends on the kid I guess.

I didn't know if Mama would be all that scary since it's pg-13, but the trailer looked scary.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:56 PM
No, my kids dont like scary things, even at 11 and 14.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Depends on what you consider "scary" we took our 4 year old to see the 2nd batman movie and he loved it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeG16
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I think its PG-13 because its not 'Gore based' it is pure horror.

Quoting karen2112:

My 10 yr old can't handle scary movies, which is really disappointing to me. I had hoped we would do that together.  I have a co-worker whose kids love scary movies. Depends on the kid I guess.

I didn't know if Mama would be all that scary since it's pg-13, but the trailer looked scary.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Yes.  My 9 year old likes horror movies.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

We saw The Possesion in the theater, excellent.  At home I have introduced them to the"classics" that I grew up with like The Omen, The Exorcist, The Birds, Cujo, etc. They do really good with them, no nightmares. 

Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:33 PM

depends on how old they are. right now no way. once they are in highschool, sure.

andersongirl562
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Yes my kids are huge horror movie fans. I took my 10 and 12 year old sons to see Mama....it was pretty scary. My kids have all seen the steven king movies, the halloween movie, Jason, Freddy, and Chuckie movies. They love them. My kids are ages 14,12,10,8, and 5. They have also seen the paranormal activities and scream movies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymom21
by *giggle snort* on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:56 PM
I don't want to see that movie but I'd love to know the story plot. I haven't seen a scary movie in awhile. The last one was case39. No I don't let my kids watch scary movies. They are all afraid of the dark. I still kinda am lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)