Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you take your kids to see scary movies?

Posted by   + Show Post
I wouldn't. My twins are only 2 though. I'm asking because Saturday, I went to the theater and saw Mama. OMFG. That movie made me cry, it was so horrific. I took my 11 year old sister, Anthony and Lexies 3 friends. My momma took my twins, and my older sisters 2 kids to play at this place in our mall. I would have NEVER taken my sister to see that movie if I had known how Scary it was. She is a baby with fear, so am I, and she wanted to leave. Lmao. I felt bad...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
AubreeG16
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:10 PM
I will message you the main points of the movie if ya want? :)

Quoting crazymom21:

I don't want to see that movie but I'd love to know the story plot. I haven't seen a scary movie in awhile. The last one was case39. No I don't let my kids watch scary movies. They are all afraid of the dark. I still kinda am lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I was watching Halloween, Freddy Kruger, and Jason at age 6. I could handle it though.

It really dpeends on if I think my children can handle them down the line.

crazymom21
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Sure tell me everything:)

Quoting AubreeG16:

I will message you the main points of the movie if ya want? :)

Quoting crazymom21:

I don't want to see that movie but I'd love to know the story plot. I haven't seen a scary movie in awhile. The last one was case39. No I don't let my kids watch scary movies. They are all afraid of the dark. I still kinda am lol.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:07 PM
If my 10 year old wants to go to i would let him.I my self do not watch them and no way i would never let our 1 yr old watch them.
britnipaige
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:13 PM
It would depend on each child individually. And their maturity levels. When they can understand...it's JUST a movie now real. All of those things (:
Thoughtfulmommy
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:25 PM
No. I am a chicken sh*t. Lol.
gammie
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:32 PM
I love scary movies but I would never take young kids to see one. I would let them watch what was on TV were they cut out the gross parts. The classics are the best to start out with, but never a Rob Zombie movie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jkherndon
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Never!
ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM

funny you ask

ds is 10 and when dd and dh went to a father daughter dance last weekend, i told him we'd rent a movie(our netflix won't play)

we got woman in black and it scared the daylights out of him, he came and slept on my bedroom floor, 2 nights after we watched it

i felt so bad, so needless to say, Poltergeist is off the table for at least another year or so

Wicked.Jester
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I guess it depends on the kid.  My daughter loves scary movies so it wouldn't be a problem.

Its tough though because Mama is rated PG-13......just because something doesn't have sex or the word "fuck" in it doesn't mean its suitable for kids.  The rating system can be really misleading.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN