Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you take your kids to see scary movies?

Posted by   + Show Post
I wouldn't. My twins are only 2 though. I'm asking because Saturday, I went to the theater and saw Mama. OMFG. That movie made me cry, it was so horrific. I took my 11 year old sister, Anthony and Lexies 3 friends. My momma took my twins, and my older sisters 2 kids to play at this place in our mall. I would have NEVER taken my sister to see that movie if I had known how Scary it was. She is a baby with fear, so am I, and she wanted to leave. Lmao. I felt bad...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Replies (21-28):
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I havent yet.  We watch a ton of scary movies  but only at home. We don't go to the movies very often so when we do its usually because some epic movie is out and they want to see it like twilight or hunger games.   To actually go to the theatre it has to look like an awesome movie.  We watch alot of horror movies tho. 

SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM

You didn't know it was supposed to be a "scary" movie?? Did you even watch the previews?? 

Momyplease
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I love scary movies. but I will not take my son to see any. Or let him watch any at home. he is 6
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:03 AM
My 6 year old thought Mama was a stupid movie. She said she thought it was going to be scary, and it wasn't.

At 1 in the morning she snuck into our bedroom, got right by dh's head and started going "mama, mama, mamaaaaaaaaaa" When he sat up she started laughing and ran back to her bedroom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeG16
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:17 AM
I did, but it was rated PG-13… So I didn't think it would be that Scary...

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

You didn't know it was supposed to be a "scary" movie?? Did you even watch the previews?? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Sorry about the way that worded/sounded. I went and checked the rating after I posted but didn't get back over here ... I thought it was rated R especially based on the previews that I had seen. 

Quoting AubreeG16:

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

AubreeG16
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Its alright :) I thought it was too when my sister asked to see it. But I don't think it should be PG-13. Its too Scary...

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Sorry about the way that worded/sounded. I went and checked the rating after I posted but didn't get back over here ... I thought it was rated R especially based on the previews that I had seen. 

Quoting AubreeG16:

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ILoveMyKids84_
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:34 PM

No,I have seen adds for that Movie,it looks incredibly scary,what exactly did they come back with from the Forest ?,is it a Monster or a Ghost or something,I want to see that Movie.

ILoveMyKids84_ AKA _WC_Mama

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)