Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hotel suggestions for NYC?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:34 PM
  • 13 Replies

My dh, 2 ds and I are heading to NYC for vacation in July and we're hoping to find  a decent hotel that's clean and not too pricey.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jers.
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:37 PM

A hotel in New Jersey would be cheapest!  I'd consider staying outside the city - there is plenty of transportation to and fro.  I stay in NYC a few times a year, but my client pays for it - I've seen the bill tho and it's nauseating!

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Start by doing a search and see what is in your price range. Location matters to a certain degree but NYC is extremely walkable and there is no lack of transportation to easily get around.

Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I suggest the Crowne Plaza.  It's nice, not too expensive and in the middle of everything - right in Times Square.  Ask about the specials they're running.  We had a great time there and I thought it was a bargain!:)

Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Here's a link - you can check the rates:
http://www.cpmanhattantimessquare.com/

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Whats your price range and what will you be doing.

for something decent in manhattan you're looking at about 2 bills a night minimum.

NESmith63
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:49 PM
We always stay at the Manhattan Club. Fantastic hotel right in Times Square. Not sure of prices tho.....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AubreeG16
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I would go right outside of the city, but not too close to Brooklyn or Queens(no offends if anyone lives there).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oddgirl
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks - am looking into it!

Quoting Cafe Robin:

Here's a link - you can check the rates:
http://www.cpmanhattantimessquare.com/

oddgirl
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I actually have an acquaintance who offered me her time share there.  Guess I should follow up on that.

Quoting NESmith63:

We always stay at the Manhattan Club. Fantastic hotel right in Times Square. Not sure of prices tho.....

NESmith63
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Def do! We have a time share there as well. It's a great hotel. There are a couple different kinds of rooms but ours are 2 room/2 baths. Really great!

Quoting oddgirl:

I actually have an acquaintance who offered me her time share there.  Guess I should follow up on that.

Quoting NESmith63:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN