Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My daughters school play is about Jesus

Posted by   + Show Post
They are doing a musical called "godspell". Would you allow your child in a public Highschool to be in a play like this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
britnipaige
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:00 PM
It is against my religious preferences but I would definatly allow them too If that's what she wanted. It would be her own choice and in high school shed be old enough to have her own opinion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Yes I would. No matter what age or grade my child was.  Because I do believe in God and am a Christian.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:11 PM
My daughter has a friend that is Christian and his mom is not allowing him to be in the play because its "sac religious" according to her.

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

Yes I would. No matter what age or grade my child was.  Because I do believe in God and am a Christian.

Thoughtfulmommy
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Quoting sherry132:

In Highschool, absolutely. By that time, kids  need to be making their own choices while parents step back and guide. 

Agreed. I think it is great to expose your children to everyone's beliefs so they can decide for themselves what may or may not be true.More than that, it doesn't have to be a spiritual eexperience. It could just be something to bond with others and explore new talents. I say let them go for it.
Aleta775
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Oh my gosh yes. I'm Wiccan, but would absolutely let my dd be in Godspell. The music is awesome. :)

I'm also a big theatre buff so..............

storkradio193
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Sure

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

Angelicembrace
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:27 PM
It would be up to my child at that age. I would support what they believe and respect it.
Aleta775
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:27 PM

What? How so? The whole play is based upon the sermon on the mount. It is mostly from the book of Matthew, and the dialogue of Jesus is almost word for word text from the Bible. It really is a very creative and clever show. It is not as in your face as it could be. It basically imparts the gospel in a fun way. 

Quoting LCWAmommy:

My daughter has a friend that is Christian and his mom is not allowing him to be in the play because its "sac religious" according to her.

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Yes, and one about any other religion. You cant celebrate or mimic or portray one and not any others!

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:27 PM
I heard it was pretty good my daughter has a small part and she's also playing the flute for a solo.

Quoting Aleta775:

Oh my gosh yes. I'm Wiccan, but would absolutely let my dd be in Godspell. The music is awesome. :)

I'm also a big theatre buff so..............

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)