Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My daughters school play is about Jesus

Posted by   + Show Post
They are doing a musical called "godspell". Would you allow your child in a public Highschool to be in a play like this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Replies (21-30):
schatzi869
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Yes. 

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Yes. Why not? Unless you were against it ... But if my child wanted to than yes :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pamelax3
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I would not have a problem with it

Lurion
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Sure! Or a play about the Buddha or Confuscious or Juius Ceaser...

I say "Let the sun shine!"

Aleta775
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:35 PM

It really is a neat show, and I personally don't have an issues with it. I do wish that people would do a different take it besides the clown/circus/hippie theme. It is okay and it is not freaky or anything. LOL. I just feel like it is over done and people can take it in a different direction. 

When my friend produced the show for her theatre company, we put a different spin on it. We made it an improve acting class where Jesus was making a guest appearance. It was still fun, but it got rid of the clowny aspect and instead the focus was put into it being about improve theatre. It was a amazing. 

My dh played the part of Judas in that show. He has a great singing voice. :) 

Quoting LCWAmommy:

I heard it was pretty good my daughter has a small part and she's also playing the flute for a solo.

Quoting Aleta775:

Oh my gosh yes. I'm Wiccan, but would absolutely let my dd be in Godspell. The music is awesome. :)

I'm also a big theatre buff so..............

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:41 PM
My daughter was bummed she didn't get a main role but she's just a freshman and also still getting used to being in stage she was really nervous being up there alone for her audition

Quoting Aleta775:

It really is a neat show, and I personally don't have an issues with it. I do wish that people would do a different take it besides the clown/circus/hippie theme. It is okay and it is not freaky or anything. LOL. I just feel like it is over done and people can take it in a different direction. 

When my friend produced the show for her theatre company, we put a different spin on it. We made it an improve acting class where Jesus was making a guest appearance. It was still fun, but it got rid of the clowny aspect and instead the focus was put into it being about improve theatre. It was a amazing. 

Quoting LCWAmommy:

I heard it was pretty good my daughter has a small part and she's also playing the flute for a solo.

Quoting Aleta775:

Oh my gosh yes. I'm Wiccan, but would absolutely let my dd be in Godspell. The music is awesome. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Who was she going for? Joanna? She has a really great song. I think in a lot of ways there are no small parts in that show. I really mean that. Every character has a part to play. I know which song it is where she has the flute solo. It is a beautiful song, so she should really be proud of that. :) 

As an aside, if you want me to pass along audition tips I can do that. I've been an assistant director and producer for shows in the past so I know what kinds of things people are looking for in a cast. You can PM any time. 

Quoting LCWAmommy:

My daughter was bummed she didn't get a main role but she's just a freshman and also still getting used to being in stage she was really nervous being up there alone for her audition

Quoting Aleta775:

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting Aleta775:

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:52 PM

If you are not a christian just look at t as being no different than say Oedipus or the Illiad... a mythical story.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:53 PM
I'm not sure the name of the character but I think it was the part that she's playing the solo for. She's happy just to be part of it though. I think she just needs to get over her nervousness and she will be fine. This is only her second play the first one was in 6th grade lol.

Quoting Aleta775:

Who was she going for? Joanna? She has a really great song. I think in a lot of ways there are no small parts in that show. I really mean that. Every character has a part to play. I know which song it is where she has the flute solo. It is a beautiful song, so she should really be proud of that. :) 

As an aside, if you want me to pass along audition tips I can do that. I've been an assistant director and producer for shows in the past so I know what kinds of things people are looking for in a cast. You can PM any time. 

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting Aleta775:

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting Aleta775:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:54 PM
lol

Have you SEEN Godspell?

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

Yes I would. No matter what age or grade my child was.  Because I do believe in God and am a Christian.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN