Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My daughters school play is about Jesus

Posted by   + Show Post
They are doing a musical called "godspell". Would you allow your child in a public Highschool to be in a play like this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Replies (31-40):
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Yes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lismore
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WendyJR
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Yep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Yes. It's a part of pop culture and the arts. There is nearly a 40 yr history of it in theatre.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
inspain
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Allow?  LOL.  I don't know which would be less appealing to DD - the dancing, the singing, the doing of any of these things in front of an audience or the subject matter.  

I wouldn't care, but I also can't imagine DD wanting any part of it.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Lol! I know my ass wouldn't be on that stage! But I guess my daughter is ok she said she was super nervous at auditions but she must have been good enough to make the play.

Quoting inspain:

Allow?  LOL.  I don't know which would be less appealing to DD - the dancing, the singing, the doing of any of these things in front of an audience or the subject matter.  

I wouldn't care, but I also can't imagine DD wanting any part of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheLadyAmalthea
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Yes.

ahappymommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Its just a play, they arent forcing her to believe in God or go to church, if she wants to be in the play then let her, heaven forbid she grows up to be a famous actress and has to do movies where they mention God or Jesus!

ahappymommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Tell her congrats, she is braver then I am!

Quoting LCWAmommy:

I heard it was pretty good my daughter has a small part and she's also playing the flute for a solo.

Quoting Aleta775:

Oh my gosh yes. I'm Wiccan, but would absolutely let my dd be in Godspell. The music is awesome. :)

I'm also a big theatre buff so..............

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM
I never said I had a problem with it. She isn't interested in a career in acting though its just something she does for fun she has plans for a career in marine biology.

Quoting ahappymommy:

Its just a play, they arent forcing her to believe in God or go to church, if she wants to be in the play then let her, heaven forbid she grows up to be a famous actress and has to do movies where they mention God or Jesus!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)