Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My daughters school play is about Jesus

Posted by   + Show Post
They are doing a musical called "godspell". Would you allow your child in a public Highschool to be in a play like this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Replies (51-58):
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM
It's not really a Christian type play

Quoting dingysfamily:

Yep, sure would and would be very proud of it .... but then my family is a Christian family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:36 PM
I've gathered that I really don't have a problem with it, they could do a play straight from Te bible and it wouldn't bother me. We are not religious but I don't shield my kids from it they occasionally go to church with friends I really just wanted to start a discussion about it and see what others thought.

Quoting eema.gray:

Although "Jesus" is in Godspell, I wouldn't really call it a religious musical.  It's more along the lines of Jesus Christ, Superstar than the religious musicals I did for church.  I'd let my children do Godspell, no question.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wishonme_2000
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:38 PM

yes I think they would have a lot of fun 

eema.gray
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I was a "good christian girl" when I went to see Godspell.  Quite frankly, I was a little horrified by it the first time.  It is NOT a "christian" story, although it more or less follows the crusifiction of Jesus account.  It's thought provoking, discusses many modern issues, but not really from a Christian perspective.  The Jesus story line is merely a framework for a larger discution.

Quoting dingysfamily:

Yep, sure would and would be very proud of it .... but then my family is a Christian family.

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM
From what my daughter has told me most "strict" Christians would not be thrilled with the play. I really need to watch it so I have an idea of what it's about.

Quoting eema.gray:

I was a "good christian girl" when I went to see Godspell.  Quite frankly, I was a little horrified by it the first time.  It is NOT a "christian" story, although it more or less follows the crusifiction of Jesus account.  It's thought provoking, discusses many modern issues, but not really from a Christian perspective.  The Jesus story line is merely a framework for a larger discution.

Quoting dingysfamily:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Irishmommy860
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Some of the best plays are religious based! I don't think it matters much

kansasmom1978
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Hell yes I would! Besides in high school I would let my
Child ddecide. At that age I think kids have to make choices like that. Not the parents.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ILoveMyKids84_
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Yes,I have no problem with it

ILoveMyKids84_ Formerly _WC_Mama

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)