Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how do i handle my children growing up

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:47 PM
  • 17 Replies
My youngest daughter turn 5 today and my middle daughter turns 10tomorrow my oldest girl already 14 and i feel ill have a emty nest soon im feeling depress please give me advice on this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep building those bonds with the girls and prepare yourself to transition to different rules when they hit 18. Does the oldest have any ideas where she wants to go to college?

dingysfamily
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Try and keep the lines of communication open and always let your girls know you are there for them.  Above all, love them and let them know it!  All 5 our our kids - 3 girls & 2 boys - are grown; only 1 is still at home.  You'll be fine ...  

ILoveMyKids84_
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel that way sometimes too,my first born "baby"is going to be 9 in August and my second born is going to be 7 in April,sometimes I get sad.

ILoveMyKids84_ Formerly _WC_Mama

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this

My eldest moved to college in Sept. It's only an hour away but it might as well be forever away...My younger son is a jr in high school.

I cry every year they start school. From pre-school all the way to this past Sept. It's a time of year that makes me nostalgic for just how much time has passed. Then I get all sentimental and sappy.

I remind myself to enjoy the stages their at, and bond, bond, bond..

SissyAnn141
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Still be here parent, Chores, grades, out-fits.

Try and find a middle ground with her that you can be FRIENDS, and she can talk to you and "YOU NOT GET MAD " ??????(ouch).

Kim042269
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this

When my youngest turned 15, I had another. I'm good for awhile now, heh heh.

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:27 AM
3 moms liked this

Roll with it, and embrace every new relationship you form with your growing children.

Just because they are getting older doesn't mean they are growing away, Relationships change, grow and devlop into new things.

Enjoy your children.

boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Embrace the current phase of life.    Focus on what you can do as a family now that you are out of the diapers and feedings stage.  

mcwife86
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

be happy. you are doing things right if they are getting older and independent :) that's your job...to make sure they are well cared for and have a good grasp on life skills :) you jsut have to look at the good parts of it

MCA23
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

You're the bow, they're the arrows.  You help aim them straight and let go.  If you do your job right, they're going to grow up.  And hopefully they'll come back, just like I'm close with my own parents.  But I'm trying to tell myself that their growing up is a good thing.  Mine are 7 and almost 5 and I do understand what you mean.  I get a little panicky from time to time myself.  But do I want to hold them so close that I end up with kids that can't stand on their own two feet?  Nope.  If you love something, set it free.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN