Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Waiting for the diagnosis...UPDATE

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM
  • 26 Replies

tried to post before and there was a hiccup, so apologize if this is a duplicate.

Had a biopsy on my thyroid Friday before last and Dr said it'd be 5 biz days to get results. No call this past Friday, so called the Dr's office and found that results were in but not reviewed by the Dr and they would call after he reviewed.

No callback as of 5pm, so guess I have to wait another day to see if it is cancer or not.

Good news is that the Dr who did the biopsy said it looked "pretty clean", so hoping for the best.

good wishes and thought my way please ladies?

will update when I hear back.

UPDATE:

THEY CALLED ME THIS AFTERNOON; "undetermined specific result" and want me back for another biopsy in 3 months, so not bad but not good news either. set up an appt with my Dr for next week to see where we go from here.

thank you ladies for all the support and well wishes.

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I hope it turns out well.  (((Hugs)))

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Hope it's good news!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waffa
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:01 PM

ty, hoping for good results too, but still nervous that if it isn't cancer what do I do about the 16, yes 16, nodules on it with the largest that they biopsied being 2.5cm

Quoting taniamorse85:

I hope it turns out well.  (((Hugs)))

waffa
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:03 PM

ty, hope the Dr who did it has a good eye for aspiration biopsy and his looked 'pretty clear' is a good thing.

my anxiety is thru the roof right now

Quoting beadingmom17:

Hope it's good news!

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I'm sure :( *hugs*

Quoting waffa:

ty, hope the Dr who did it has a good eye for aspiration biopsy and his looked 'pretty clear' is a good thing.

my anxiety is thru the roof right now

Quoting beadingmom17:

Hope it's good news!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Sherry on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Hugs to you. I'm just  now starting my Thyroid nightmare myself. Prayers all turns out ok for both of us. 

EyEmTuRtLe
by Turtle on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:16 PM

praying Good luck.

I know how bad it is waiting for results but only as the family member. The waiting does take a toll on people. Hopefully it turns out benign. My DH wasn't so lucky with his biopsy results last month.

waffa
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:17 PM

ty. what is your nighmare? I have been researching thyroid issues since early Dec when the Dr said he didn't like how 'swollen and lumpy' my thyroid was... really? 'swollen and lumpy 'is a technical term for Dr's now? LOL!

did the U/S and couldn't figure out why they spent so much time on the lower left side when I can feel a lump on the upper right, so was shocked when they did the biopsy on the lower left and said that was my biggest nodule (2.5cm)

Quoting sherry132:

Hugs to you. I'm just  now starting my Thyroid nightmare myself. Prayers all turns out ok for both of us. 

waffa
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:23 PM

ty, and I am so sorry to hear his news wasn't good. Is there a good prognosis? hope so! (((HUGS)))

Quoting EyEmTuRtLe:

praying Good luck.

I know how bad it is waiting for results but only as the family member. The waiting does take a toll on people. Hopefully it turns out benign. My DH wasn't so lucky with his biopsy results last month.

sherry132
by Sherry on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Deep depression and anxiety sent me to the doctor. She was doing an exam and said that my thyroid is enlarged, but really didn't go into any more details. She did blood work and I'm waiting for the appt for the ultrasound. I refuse to research. If I do, I'll have myself dead and buried before the doctor has time to figure out when the appt is. LOL. That's a pretty large nodule. I hope all is well, but I've been told that Thyroid cancer is really easy to fight. Not that it makes the news any easier to hear. 

Quoting waffa:

ty. what is your nighmare? I have been researching thyroid issues since early Dec when the Dr said he didn't like how 'swollen and lumpy' my thyroid was... really? 'swollen and lumpy 'is a technical term for Dr's now? LOL!

did the U/S and couldn't figure out why they spent so much time on the lower left side when I can feel a lump on the upper right, so was shocked when they did the biopsy on the lower left and said that was my biggest nodule (2.5cm)

Quoting sherry132:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)