Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how do I start getting my dd out of our bed

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:41 PM
  • 4 Replies

she will be two in april, she always cries when I put her in her room. She wakes up after about an hour. Its so hard to sleep because she sleeps so crazy and were all in a queen sized bed. What are some methods some of you moms used to get your kid to sleep in their own bed the hole night?

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MixedCooke
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:02 AM

1) gave her my sleep shirt so she has Mommy scent for comfort

2) room darkening shades/curtains to darken the room especially in the day

3) standing fan to act as white noise as well as to circulate the air

4) soft classical lullabye music

5) routine, routine, routine

6) schedule

7) infant/toddler full body massage with lavender lotion

SaGe_Ed
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I just put my kids in their own rooms.  Maybe not the gentlest way to do it, but I had to because they were crawling off of our bed and falling to the floor.  I let them cry it out with intermittent comforting and within a week they were sleeping in their own cribs, all night long.  Except my son, he always wanted to sleep in his own room, had zero interest in co-sleeping.

ETA:  I did this with my first at 7 months, my second at around a year, and my son was in his room by three months.

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:06 AM
When you find out let me know too!!!! Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyia72
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:09 AM

When you figure it out please let me know lol...I have an 18 month old with the same prblem she started climbing out of her crib a few weeks ago and rather than let her fall we got her a toddler bed which she wont stay in.  We went to the pack n play for a few days as its lower to the ground if she climbs but now she wont sleep in that either lol shes a triplet and there all in the same room together, well when she sleeps in her room.. the other two sleep fine.  She is a crazy crazy sleeper lol we have a kingsize and daddy and I are constantly on the edge of the bed with toes in our face or ribcage or back lol... I thought it was rough sleeping with his snoring I havent had a good nights sleep in two weeks and I just want my bed back....

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN