Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New here...kinda.

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:42 AM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this

hello mama's!

My name is Jessica, I'm 26, married almost 4 years and together just over 10 years. We live in a small town in Alaska. I was a stay at home mom for 7 years and have been working over a year now.

We have two children, Our son Kaden is 7 and our daughter Keyahna is 3.

I joined cafemom years ago but couldn't access my previous account so I made a new one.

I was an active member of baby- gaga which is another parenting site, but wanted to give cafemom another try. :)

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello!

what in your opinion, are the pro's and con's of this site? and what should I know about cafemom?

thank you for your time ladies!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
funhappymom
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Welcome back. I love CafeMom! I've never used baby-gaga, so I couldn't tell you why CafeMom is better. There are tons of great groups here and lots of moms from various backgrounds.

Reina13
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Hi Jessica! Welcome back.
Do you love living in Alaska? It is on my bucket list to visit one day. I have have friends who have both lived and traveled there, and say it is amazing!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

ILoveMyKids84_
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Welcome!!

ILoveMyKids84_ Formerly _WC_Mama

ILoveMyKids84_
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Oh and I have been to visit Ketchikan before it's so pretty

ILoveMyKids84_ Formerly _WC_Mama

akLiLmama907
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Quoting funhappymom:

Welcome back. I love CafeMom! I've never used baby-gaga, so I couldn't tell you why CafeMom is better. There are tons of great groups here and lots of moms from various backgrounds.

Thank you, this site changed a lot since I was here! I really like it so far! I'm still trying to learn how to make my profile more fancy... I haven't had a lot of time to play around yet! :)

jshalas89
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Pros: Mom Confessions- real sweet sweet ladies in there. They will definitely lift your spirits =]
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Flovely on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Hi Jessica! Welcome back to this lovely place :)
Good question on the pros and cons!  I think it can be a very positive site to visit as long as you join the groups that are right for you.  Spending more time here will help you to decide which groups are right for you.  I've made some strong friendships with a few lovely ladies and if I had never joined then I wouldn't have gotten the chance to meet them. 
Try searching for groups that you would enjoy such as if you like cooking :) there are some good groups for that. 
I really hope you find a group that you enjoy so you feel like sticking around. Good luck and I have a group if you are interested :) so PM me if you would like to know more :)
Have a great evening :)

akLiLmama907
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Quoting Reina13:

Hi Jessica! Welcome back.
Do you love living in Alaska? It is on my bucket list to visit one day. I have have friends who have both lived and traveled there, and say it is amazing!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

For the most part yes, I have lived here most of my life, I was born here but moved to Oregon when I was 9 and moved back at 15. The summers here are beautiful. But winters are cold, long and dark... and it gets depressing. 

It's a great place to visit if you like the outdoors! Alaskans are very outdoorsy! Even in the winter! :) I love the scenery, the wildlife and mountains are amazing!

I have a lot of pictures I can post later if you'd like to see some of them.... I will put them in my albums.

I love photography, I do freelance portraits and scenery photos.  I have some beautiful ones of Mt. Redoubt when it was showing activity at sunset, those are my favorites!

akLiLmama907
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Quoting jshalas89:

Pros: Mom Confessions- real sweet sweet ladies in there. They will definitely lift your spirits =]

thank you! I will definitely check it out! :)

akLiLmama907
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting taKENheart:

Hi Jessica! Welcome back to this lovely place :)
Good question on the pros and cons!  I think it can be a very positive site to visit as long as you join the groups that are right for you.  Spending more time here will help you to decide which groups are right for you.  I've made some strong friendships with a few lovely ladies and if I had never joined then I wouldn't have gotten the chance to meet them. 
Try searching for groups that you would enjoy such as if you like cooking :) there are some good groups for that. 
I really hope you find a group that you enjoy so you feel like sticking around. Good luck and I have a group if you are interested :) so PM me if you would like to know more :)
Have a great evening :)

Thank you! I've been lurking for a couple days, trying to learn my way around! I noticed there are a lot of groups! I'm guessing some are more active than others! so I will have to feel around for awhile.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN