Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Red and Sore

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:13 AM
  • 7 Replies

My 17 month old woke up screaming last night twice and I thought she just had bad dreams so I put her back to bed. This morning I get up to change her and her butt was very very red, it even had a bit of blood. I used powder for now but anyone know any quick ways to get rid of a bad diaper rash? She didnt even have one when she was put to bed last night and she hasnt had anything new to eat or drink. This is my second child but I never seen a diaper rash this bad and she never gets a rash. My poor baby screams when she sits or anything touches her butt.

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
larissacst
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Desatin. Powder will only dry it out worse. 

Snowinsane
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:23 AM

When my daughter has those types of rashes I use this aveeno bath stuff, and then follow with a liberal coating of the same brand rash ointment.  I found that she was still in pain with anything else I tried.  She is now almost three and still has an occasional flare up, as we are trying to potty train, and she specifially asks for the bath to make the hurt go bye bye.

http://www.aveeno.com/baby-care/soothing-bath-treatment?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Baby+-+Branded+-+Eczema&utm_term=aveeno%20baby%20eczema%20soothing%20bath%20treatment&utm_content=Baby+Eczema+-+Bath+Treatment|mkwid|sHMSpnWCz|pcrid|21212044748

Also when changing her diaper do not use wipes, use a soft wet wash cloth until the rash clears up.  I know it means extra washing but if it helps the rash clear up more quickly it makes for a happier girl. :)

Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

This sounds odd, but it honestly works soooooo well:  give her a bath and put a lot of baking soda in the water.  The water will feel funny and slippery.  I don't know how it works, but it's just about the best natural/home remedy I've ever tried.  The redness will be visibly lessened when she gets out.  Then let her air dry if you can, apply a very liberal amount of Desitin or whatever diaper cream you have.  Works like a charm!

crazymom21
by *giggle snort* on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:00 AM
I had this happen a few times through out the9 years I've had kids in diapers. Definitely use a wash cloth at diaper changes and use a diaper rash cream. I'll be so glad when we are done with diapers. Potty training the fourth now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SilverOcean84
by Cindy on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:19 PM

BUMP!

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:59 PM

crisco works.

honeybee69
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:59 PM

My son had the worst rash ever, red and bleeding. I used a combination of desitin, A&D ointment, triple antibiotic ointment or cream and if if is from diareah I used some malox too. You can mix them all togehter, or just apply each in a thin layer. The cream the docotr had given me had made it worse than it had been, so I asked other daycare porviders and someone to ld me about the mixture. Within 24 hours it was all healed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)