Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why do you argue like it's a parenting style/choice?

Posted by   + Show Post

When it comes to car seat safety, why argue about what's safe or not? You are either doing it right, or you're doing it wrong. If you're wrong, you are NOT RIGHT. You CAN NOT argue that you're right. There are too many tests, and experts (techs) that have been educated for YOU to aruge that it's okay because some jim bob from what'cha'ma call it's fire station said it was good enough. GET A CLUE!! 

And yes, I'm a tech.

PLEASE take a look at this if you're interested in admitting that you might be doing something wrong, and actually doing something about it.

http://dailymomtra.com/2011/03/30/the-picture-guide-to-car-seat-safety/

Phew. Sorry, I had to say that after that mess of a post that I just read!!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Replies (11-20):
kelliehelvie
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Ok, fine I'm not a paid professional but I am certified to help keep children from dying. 

How is a ponytail saving anyone's children? 

Quoting angevil53:

Only when THEY are paying you. I'm a hair stylist but i don't tell anyone their pony is on too tight.

Quoting kelliehelvie:

It's my job to make sure children are in car seats correctly.

Quoting lapcounter:

Why can't people just simply mind their own business?

angevil53
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:24 AM
See this makes sense bc you posed the question. But this post screams drama to me. There's nothing informative about it. And if someone was plain out rude to you would you want follow their advice?

Quoting LiLsMaMa21:

I actually posted a booster seat question in one of my groups and found out that I was doing something wrong and believe me I have since then fixed it. I think the reason most of us are on this site is to get advice and learn from other moms. Of course some women are just on here to start drama... Lol. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:24 AM
It seems legal standards and cm standards are different, lol. With my first kid I did everything "right" according to the laws in my state. With my second kid I did everything "right" according to the more strict CM "laws". LOL!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelliehelvie
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM

It has nothing to do with CM laws. You are exposed to many different people who know more things than just a few plain laws. The law of physics have never changed. You just never really understood them.

angevil53
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
You're not seeing my point. My point is if someone isn't asking for your advice and you offer it doesn't mean they want it. It means you're overstepping your bounds. It means you're being rude. Your entire post is to tell someone they're wrong. Not to be informative. Some people are ok with the minimum. Some aren't. Case closed.

Quoting kelliehelvie:

Ok, fine I'm not a paid professional but I am certified to help keep children from dying. 

How is a ponytail saving anyone's children? 

Quoting angevil53:

Only when THEY are paying you. I'm a hair stylist but i don't tell anyone their pony is on too tight.

Quoting kelliehelvie:

It's my job to make sure children are in car seats correctly.

Quoting lapcounter:

kelliehelvie
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I did post a visual of car seat safety link...

I understand that this is a "drama" post however, I just want to understand WHY parents want to be right, even when they just plain are not?! 

When you are told that the straps on a RF seat HAVE TO BE at or below the child's shoulders, then you do not...why?  Why are parents doing this? 

When you are shown how much room a puffy jacket makes between your child and the harnesses when compressed like in a crash, WHY? WHY DO YOU still put giant jackets on your chidlren? It's not about what one Dr says, or what some law says, it's a visual "hello"!!!

Quoting angevil53:

See this makes sense bc you posed the question. But this post screams drama to me. There's nothing informative about it. And if someone was plain out rude to you would you want follow their advice?

Quoting LiLsMaMa21:

I actually posted a booster seat question in one of my groups and found out that I was doing something wrong and believe me I have since then fixed it. I think the reason most of us are on this site is to get advice and learn from other moms. Of course some women are just on here to start drama... Lol. 

angevil53
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Hey you're talking to someone that lives in an area where it's extremely common to turn around a 9mo if they are "big" and i did it five years ago. No i didn't know better and no one could have told me otherwise. Since then yes I've looked some sites and read some things. I feel comfortable saying my children are safer now. But one girl on my fb posted a pic of the big coats and car seat showing how big the straps were and another mother berated her saying if she saw a baby in a CAR without a coat on she'd call the police. I.mean this is the ignorance that some have to deal with to be safe. There's no telling someone like that anything! Show them all the blogs you want. Show them videos they are always right and you are always wrong bc they said so.

Quoting kelliehelvie:

I did post a visual of car seat safety link...

I understand that this is a "drama" post however, I just want to understand WHY parents want to be right, even when they just plain are not?! 

When you are told that the straps on a RF seat HAVE TO BE at or below the child's shoulders, then you do not...why?  Why are parents doing this? 

When you are shown how much room a puffy jacket makes between your child and the harnesses when compressed like in a crash, WHY? WHY DO YOU still put giant jackets on your chidlren? It's not about what one Dr says, or what some law says, it's a visual "hello"!!!

Quoting angevil53:

Quoting LiLsMaMa21:

finnbar
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:40 AM
4 moms liked this

because it makes us sad to read about dead children, we're just weird like that

Quoting lapcounter:

brebugmom91
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Then don't read about them.

Quoting finnbar:

because it makes us sad to read about dead children, we're just weird like that

Quoting lapcounter:

Due9
by your-bff on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

"Jim bob", lol!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)