Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why do you argue like it's a parenting style/choice?

Posted by   + Show Post

When it comes to car seat safety, why argue about what's safe or not? You are either doing it right, or you're doing it wrong. If you're wrong, you are NOT RIGHT. You CAN NOT argue that you're right. There are too many tests, and experts (techs) that have been educated for YOU to aruge that it's okay because some jim bob from what'cha'ma call it's fire station said it was good enough. GET A CLUE!! 

And yes, I'm a tech.

PLEASE take a look at this if you're interested in admitting that you might be doing something wrong, and actually doing something about it.

http://dailymomtra.com/2011/03/30/the-picture-guide-to-car-seat-safety/

Phew. Sorry, I had to say that after that mess of a post that I just read!!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Replies (31-40):
brebugmom91
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:41 PM
If it becomes your excuse to butt into other people's lives, yes you should stop.

Quoting finnbar:

should I stop reading about child sex trafficking, because that upsets me too?  When you hear about people in danger, the answer is not to ignore them and pretend they don't exist.  I am not trying to tell parents how to buckle their children I am trying to help save PEOPLE.  In the words of Dr Suess: A person's a person no matter how small.

Quoting brebugmom91:

Then don't read about them.

Quoting finnbar:

because it makes us sad to read about dead children, we're just weird like that

Quoting lapcounter:

Why can't people just simply mind their own business?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MCA23
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting FrancineSmith:

I saw this reply in a similar thread yesterday and it made me LOL because it's so true. I don't know the exact wording but it went something like this:

"In the end, it's all about survival of the fittest. The more babies that are put in death traps, the less competition the rest of our kids have in the future."

That's terrible.  Essentially you're saying that if a parent is misinformed and their kid is killed in an accident, the end result is ultimately good... fewer offspring of unintelligent parents to compete with in the future?  That made you laugh out loud?  Shame on you.

baby7810
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks i just shared the link onmy FB :) lots of my friend think i'm crazy for still having my 2 1/2 year old RF and no coat on her right now

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Don't you know that physics and science don't matter? They're my kids and I do what's best for MY family.

::eyeroll:: Obviously I'm being sarcastic. People just don't care. They are right and that's it. No discussion even though they're putting their kids in danger. 'It'll never happen to me' syndrome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Because, like it or not, it is a choice. 

TippyD
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

:) this is one "parenting issue" *of like 3* that I agree and feel there is no grey area.  it is black and white for me...smh..

LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Amen!

I simply cannot believe how many people flat out refuse to be educated in the subject. They refuse to look at the statistic or the worse yet, the horrible news stories that DAILY come out regarding a child who was seriously injured or died bc their parents were....negligent to put it nicely. And better yet, they use the argument "Well I grew up in so and so year when car seats werent used, blah blah blah and IM fine". Good for you, you win YOUR life. Or "my child will get cold or sick"... First of all, the cold doeesnt cause sickness. Second, I have never once had my child or a child in my care complain they were cold in that half a second it takes to take a coat off, buckle up, and then drape the coat over them

Fact is, cars are flimsier now, they go faster, speed limits higher, ect.....And most of all....we are better educated, hence why such things as car seats and seat belts are ADVANCEMENTS.

And oh yes, this subject gets me just a rolling in pissed off. Why should I care how you parent ect...? BC I at least care for your child. It isnt a matter of minding my own business......when a child is being publicly neglectd to where I can see....you bet your ass its my business. I may not care much for you, but there isnt a child out there I would want to see die.

TippyD
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I get some crazy look because my VERY petite 3.5 year old is still rearfacing. my thing with carseat safety, is IF I forward faced her right now, I could NOT live with myself knowing she still fits rear facing. kwim? *she isn't 30lbs yet so she is still not even big enough to ff according to the AAP*

Quoting baby7810:

thanks i just shared the link onmy FB :) lots of my friend think i'm crazy for still having my 2 1/2 year old RF and no coat on her right now

TippyD
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:45 PM
2 moms liked this

and that is why, as parents, you keep an eye on advancements :) my older sister had her first 2 flipped at a year, but her youngest, she has rearfacing still. you know better, you do better. 

Quoting angevil53:

And in five years there's going to be more improvements and you're going to be doing it wrong.

MamaPeanut
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:48 PM
3 moms liked this

Because someone would rather be "right" and kill their child, than admit they are wrong, learn, do better, and actually care about their child. 

So sad, if you can't read the car seat manual and follow it correctly, do you really need to have kids that you will possibly end up killing?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN