Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why do you argue like it's a parenting style/choice?

Posted by   + Show Post

When it comes to car seat safety, why argue about what's safe or not? You are either doing it right, or you're doing it wrong. If you're wrong, you are NOT RIGHT. You CAN NOT argue that you're right. There are too many tests, and experts (techs) that have been educated for YOU to aruge that it's okay because some jim bob from what'cha'ma call it's fire station said it was good enough. GET A CLUE!! 

And yes, I'm a tech.

PLEASE take a look at this if you're interested in admitting that you might be doing something wrong, and actually doing something about it.

http://dailymomtra.com/2011/03/30/the-picture-guide-to-car-seat-safety/

Phew. Sorry, I had to say that after that mess of a post that I just read!!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Replies (91-100):
Traci_Momof2
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Megan11587:

What is 'correct' this year will be 'dangerous' next year lol

Ain't that the truth!  LOL

It's like the drop-sided crib that my boys grew up in.  Considered perfectly safe when they were babies and now it's like *gasp* how dare you use one!

kitty8199
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I've read studies. I don't feel safe without shoulder straps. To me that screams internal injuries

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

OP, can I ask you a question? I've read that the Cybrex Pallas car seats are incredibly safe, although I'm pretty sure that they are not legal in the US (I'm in the UK). Do you have an opinion on them?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM
If you go on the post, it was wanted

Quoting lapcounter:

Most I have seen is unwanted.

Quoting kitty8199:

What is wrong with telling someone a safety tip

Quoting lapcounter:

Why can't people just simply mind their own business?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:21 PM

*IF* they ask for you input...Your aren't any kind of officer of the law.  Know your place. 

Quoting kelliehelvie:

It's my job to make sure children are in car seats correctly.

Quoting lapcounter:

Why can't people just simply mind their own business?

Paperfishies
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:33 PM

The OP is a perfect example of why people are hesitant to take care seat safety techs seriously.  You all run around like fucking Barney Fife rent-a-cops, no one takes that shit seriously.

You all are JUST LIKE the psycho breastfeeding nazis, whenever you open your mouths people automatically get defensive because you act like snotty, uppity, little shit heads.

A perfect example...I have recieved FOUR private messages on this site from know it all car seat nazis because of my avatar pictures.  Instead of taking a second to look at my avatar picture and realize my kid is in a STROLLER, they put on their keyboard cowboy badge and send me ridiculous messages about how my kid is going to die.  One of these dumb bitches even had the nerve to try to bitch me out on my chatterbox wall on here about it. 

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I don't understand why they ask for opinions, and what others do. Then get mad when people tell them they do something different. If your set in your ways and you know your not going to change what you do, why ask?

kansasmom1978
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:57 PM
No one is right. What were requirements when my kids were babies have changed. I followed ever recommendation. There was no mention of ERF. And I didn't do it. Does not make me wrong. At the time it was considered right
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kit_manson
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM
I'm not arguing that what i do is safest, just like people don't really argue that formula is better than breast milk. I'm saying that my sons car seat is a valid choice, and the best i can do in my current situation.
kit_manson
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Legal standards aren't the same everywhere... I often get bitched out for having my son forward face before one. However, it was legal in my area because he was over 20 lbs. It was also safer than leaving him in a car seat he didn't fit the weight limits of.

Quoting kitty8199:

Some on here don't even follow legal standards

Quoting Susan0805:

It seems legal standards and cm standards are different, lol. With my first kid I did everything "right" according to the laws in my state. With my second kid I did everything "right" according to the more strict CM "laws". LOL!!!

kitty8199
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM
That's one thing people misunderstand. It isn't either or, it its both one AND over 20. In ALL states.
There are dozens of seats that still rf at 20 lb, and NOT ONE that says before 23 lb. ALL states have a proper use law.
You don't have to ERF, but follow the minimum at least.

Quoting kit_manson:

Legal standards aren't the same everywhere... I often get bitched out for having my son forward face before one. However, it was legal in my area because he was over 20 lbs. It was also safer than leaving him in a car seat he didn't fit the weight limits of.

Quoting kitty8199:

Some on here don't even follow legal standards

Quoting Susan0805:

It seems legal standards and cm standards are different, lol. With my first kid I did everything "right" according to the laws in my state. With my second kid I did everything "right" according to the more strict CM "laws". LOL!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)