Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you have a crazy child?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 10 Replies

I've always gotten compliments on how well my children behave in public. Well, used to, my just turn 4 yr old is crazy, he has SO much energy, and has a hard time behaving, in turn driving me nuts.

He slept over his grandmother's Sat night and Sunday we went shopping without him. WOW, what a difference! The other three kids were well behaved, quiet, didn't try to touch things, etc.

He was raised exactly the same way (he is #3, so I had two older and one younger then him), but he is such a different animal from his siblings.

Maybe it is just a typical 4 yr old boy thing, my older son was shy and reserved, he would rather sit and play video games then run around. 

*sigh* ds4 is now running around the living room, yelling skylander slogans, and punching the air.

Mommy of FIVE!!!

Tara~12.16.03  Zachary~5.17.05  Rowan~1.17.09  Willow~8/10/11 Baby~ EDA 1/27/13

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
macendaxislove
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM

My son is sooo hyper and wild, but we think he has ADHD as well.
He's hard to handle and control sometimes if he's to hyper or upset. People stare at me like I'm the worlds worst parent, but they just don't understand D:

He just turned 3. He's my first, I also have a 6 month old boy.

PerfectVirgo
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM
All of my children are calm children. I'm so afraid if I have another he'll be outrageous. Everyone keeps telling me I'm due for a crazy baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:15 AM

My middle child has always been my most active. He's 9 now and we've had him in (year round)baseball now for 5 years in order to exhaust him and channel that energy properly. he's also my book smart child. He has a memory that is just amazing and he is insanely curious. I think this athleticism and curiosity has always led him to be more active and into everything than the other kids. 

However, I don't think it's possible to raise 2 kids exactly the same. Life is an ever evolving creature. We learn and move forward. We have other kids that change our lives. I have 3 kids and I am absolutely sure that, even though the core values stay the same, they have been raised much differently. 

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:15 AM

My 11 year old is like that.  He's got ADD and he's a different kid on his meds.  He only takes them for school though, so the weekends can be quite challenging.  He started the wild behaviour at around 4, made it thru kindergarten, but it started to become a problem in 1st grade.  He started taking meds halfway thru 1st grade (he was 7).

mommaoftwo
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I am a little afraid that the boy I am due with any day now, will be just like him. I don't know if I could handle that!

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

All of my children are calm children. I'm so afraid if I have another he'll be outrageous. Everyone keeps telling me I'm due for a crazy baby.

Mommy of FIVE!!!

PerfectVirgo
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Good luck!!!!

Quoting mommaoftwo:

I am a little afraid that the boy I am due with any day now, will be just like him. I don't know if I could handle that!

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:24 AM

My youngest son was a hellion.  He was so high maintenance, my friends refused to watch him.   My own Mother was afraid to take him out anywhere, LoL.    He was over stimulated whenever we were in public.....he was a wildchild.   Like you, my older son was well behaved, listened and followed the rules.   He was a joy to take anywhere. 

Both are grown.   My youngest still despises public places.   He will avoid Malls, Movie Theaters and the like whenever possible.   He hates crowds.

mommaoftwo
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Even when he is being quiet, he is making noise. People giggle when they realize they are hearing him in the bathroom, he sings and yells and talks while peeing, or showering or whatever.

Even coloring or some other quiet activity, he narrates what he is doing, or some other crazy noisemaking thing lol

Quoting boys2men2soon:

My youngest son was a hellion.  He was so high maintenance, my friends refused to watch him.   My own Mother was afraid to take him out anywhere, LoL.    He was over stimulated whenever we were in public.....he was a wildchild.   Like you, my older son was well behaved, listened and followed the rules.   He was a joy to take anywhere. 

Both are grown.   My youngest still despises public places.   He will avoid Malls, Movie Theaters and the like whenever possible.   He hates crowds.

Mommy of FIVE!!!

boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Quoting mommaoftwo:

Even when he is being quiet, he is making noise. People giggle when they realize they are hearing him in the bathroom, he sings and yells and talks while peeing, or showering or whatever.

Even coloring or some other quiet activity, he narrates what he is doing, or some other crazy noisemaking thing lol

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I wish mine had been noisy!   He was silent.   He would just silently slip away....    At least when they are making noise, you know where they are and what they are doing.  lol

Indianamomto4
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I have 4 great kids....my oldest ds 25 and my youngest ds 13 both have adhd and have always been very high energy. My two in the middle were not. I knew with both of my boys when they were in the womb how much more active they were than their siblings. It was a great predictor for me. My youngest moved so much he tied a knot in his own cord and only by the grace of God was born alive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN