Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Traditions....

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 5 Replies

What are some traditions you and your BF/spouse have?

Jennifer--Mommy to Hannah, Kayla, and Gracie <3 <3 <3

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mcwife86
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:36 AM

we always hunt together  and he is excited for when our son is old enough to come with us. We go to the blue ridge mountains when we can...we enjoy hiking and taking a lot of pictures while we do. that's another thing we are eager to expose our son to. other than that i can really think of any...unless you count moving every 2.5 years lol.

boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Traditions.    We go to the coast for a weekend for our Anniversary every year, just the two of us.     We spend Sunday Mornings drinking coffee and looking at the paper in bed.     Most of our other traditions involve Holidays.

mommaof3girls24
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Do you mind sharing your holiday traditions?

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Traditions.    We go to the coast for a weekend for our Anniversary every year, just the two of us.     We spend Sunday Mornings drinking coffee and looking at the paper in bed.     Most of our other traditions involve Holidays.

boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mommaof3girls24:

Do you mind sharing your holiday traditions?

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Sure.     We always cut down our Christmas tree.  We go with our good friends, whose kids are the same age as ours.   After cutting our trees, we go to lunch.  

DH puts up the outside lights and decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving.    DH and I always shop Black Friday.

Christmas Morning we always have homemade blueberry muffins and orange juice.   Christmas Morning is just the four of us...... we see the rest of the family later in the day.       I always host Christmas Eve and we always go to my parents for Christmas Dinner.

My kids choose a new ornament each year, one that pertains to their current interests.     We each open a gift on Christmas Eve.... it is always new pajamas.

Easter:   We always have an egg hunt!   Even as the kids grew older.  We fill plastic eggs with change & Candy and our teens would still hunt for them.

Birthdays:   We always did big parties for the kids.   As they grew older, they had their choice of parties or dinner out.   They choose the restaurant.

mommaof3girls24
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM

BUMP!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)