Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Holey s*** i cant beleive i did that

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM
  • 9 Replies
This morning I was getting ready to run out the door so I could take the kids to daycare and I could go to work. I go to grab everything and can't find my keys I'm looking everywhere and they are no where to be found. Finally I opened my front door and there they were still in the lock from last night. They were there all night thank god I live in a safe neighborhood. Someone could have used them to break into my apartment. Someone could have taken them and taken off with my car. I'm so freaked out now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Break in? No. Let themselves in? Yes. I leave my key's in the door sometimes. .ok alot lol but we have a screen door and i always keep that one locked. So glad nobody saw them there in your door!! Always check and recheck make it a habit. My son reminds me or he checks the door for me now and takes them off if i forget them :))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenking04
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:41 PM
It was a really crazy day yesterday at work so I was exhausted when I got home. That's so not me though I always take my keyes out exsept for last night.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:45 PM
2 moms liked this

i have done that a few times.  I figure if a criminal sees it they think whoever lives there is out of their mind and a clear sign the crazy person is home.

jenking04
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Lol that is so true.

Quoting frndlyfn:

i have done that a few times.  I figure if a criminal sees it they think whoever lives there is out of their mind and a clear sign the crazy person is home.

kansasmom1978
by Katie on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM
I've dons that.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM

My dad never locked the doors and kept them wide open (well screen door was shut but you could see inside) even when there was a serial killer just a block away.  I found out about that lovely person on way to work and police chase was on radio for the taxi cab.

I am a lock it up tight kind of girl.

Quoting jenking04:

Lol that is so true.

Quoting frndlyfn:

ILoveMyKids84_
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I have done that before too,I left my keys in the lock on the outside of our front door to our Apartment,thank goodness I realized in about 5 minutes where they were..

ILoveMyKids84_ Formerly _WC_Mama

baquick
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:54 PM
I've done that. I've also left my garage door open and even once left my car running in try driveway! Luckily I have a gate across the end of my driveway. Lol
Nikki286
by Nicoli on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:21 PM

i've done it before but there is a screen door so .. but when i lived in my old apartments i would double check every time  but there were a few times that my neighbors left their keys in the door ... and even if i was in a rush i would knock and knock until someone came to the door  one time i had to pound on the door because the guy worked nights and was asleep but i kept pounding tell he came to the door and he was mad and said what the fuck is your problem.. i smiled and said i just wanted to let you know you left your keys in your door and i would hate someone to come into your home or take off with your car.  he was like oh... thanks sorry i snapped at you ben a long night.. it was funny 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)