Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hey CM - I don't speak spanish!!!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:59 PM
  • 28 Replies

I know there are alot of people on here that do speak spanish. But I don't.  I've noticed that somethings are customized just for me. Like the ads on the side. I'm a horsie person and it picks up horse stuff for my ads (due to cookies, I'm told)

But why do I get Spanish ads then?  And the one that always wants me to take a survey?  Its written in Spanish when it pops up on my screen and the secondary language is English.

Are yours in English or Spanish?

Nothing against spanish - I would love to learn to speak it. But currently I don't and I find it annoying. This appears to be an English site so why do I keep getting things in Spanish?

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tish_Hughes
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Maybe they are trying something new. Tbh I pay no attention to the ads until one of them redirects me...grrrr.

Mrs_Reynolds
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I get the spanish cafemom ads a lot to. I just click out of them. It also freaks me out that I see ads for sites I've visited that week as well. 

shylynn22
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM
I speak Spanish, but I never get ads on Spanish. Mine are in English
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM
I laughed so hard when I saw this title because I know exactly what you're talking about. "┬┐salta a la enquesta?" wtf?

That said, I DO speak Spanish and they're still obnoxious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgmmw
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine are in English. It might have something to do with the MamasLatinas website Cafemom launched.
norwgnwood
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM
My last name is Portuguese. I have adds pop up in Spanish also including the survey you're talking about. I assume its due to my last name. I get junk mail in Spanish and Portuguese as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clp0930
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I keep getting things about stepmoms...confsing because I'm neither a sm or bm...

Mommy4000
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I haven't noticed the ads being customized to me at all, and as far as the survey, it switches up from what I've noticed. It's sometimes in Spanish, sometimes in English.

aj23
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM

They have a spanish version of this site. Maybe they just get confused sometimes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)