Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Edit for text vs face to face debate. I want to smack the s**t out of my SO

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:21 PM
  • 27 Replies
Here's a text between us and you tell me what you think

Me: sorry but I'm on my period which makes me bitchy

Him: agreed

Me: but this issue is seriously bugging me

Him:what

Me: I'm having doubts you want to ever get married. There's always an excuse. You won't even let me pick a date. You spent the money we saved. Wtf

Him: I still want to get married

Then four texts about the fucking weather! I'm sick of it. He can't handle one serious talk he won't acknowledge that it's becoming a serious issue to me. I haven't replied yet. I just want to yell and be mean but I have to collect myself

Btw we have been together nine years engaged three. And still only texts from him are whining about how cold it is

We have talked about it face to face. Only reason we switched to text is because that's how we communicate. We are both emotional people and have to stop ourselves and plan out what we say. Writing works best for us. Plus he is clear across the country right now so texting and one phone call a night is what we have. This has only become an issue this year after our ninth anniversary and we discussed getting married by our tenth. I don't care if we go to the courthouse and just sign papers (he objected said I had to have a "real" wedding)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frankiesma530
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Sounds chickenshit to me.

tristansmom74
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Based on what you say sounds like he doesn't want to be married. If its important to you its time to move on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alli1204
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Seems pretty obvious he doesn't want to get married. Move on if it's that important to you (which it would be to me, too)
TaylorBaby
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM

ditto this. sorry hun.

Quoting tristansmom74:

Based on what you say sounds like he doesn't want to be married. If its important to you its time to move on.

MsEmma88
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM
That's what I was afraid of I don't want to leave him but marriage is important to me

Quoting tristansmom74:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Either realize marriage may never happen or move on.

MsEmma88
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Sounds like a lose lose

Quoting frndlyfn:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:39 PM

There is a guy out there that would jump at the chance to marry you B-ness around period time and all. Perhaps set a date yourself and ask him for who he wants to invite so you can start preparations.

Quoting MsEmma88:

Sounds like a lose lose

Quoting frndlyfn:

Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:41 PM
2 moms liked this

At the risk of sounding like a jerk, why on Earth would you have this serious type of conversation via text?  Some things need a sit down face to face...

Paigesmommy78
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this
shit girl give him a date like if he not married or already planning the wedding by the end of the year ur gone he needs to know ur not just going to wait forever
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)