Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

needing to vent before i explode with anger

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 15 Replies
We were having dinner at in-laws house and my 2.5yr old starts throwing a fit. I get her calmed down and FIL tells me that if it were his child that she would be beat to the point she wouldn't cry again. That his children never cried like that. I went off and told him she is NOT his child. No one tells me what to do and my Dh went off and told him that is abuse. Then MIL went off on us and told us we cannot raise our voice to FIL. Screw those fuckers. I'm so angry its ridiculous. A 2yr old is going to have tantrums. Its not giving in to those tantrums that will pay off in the end. I swear I could just scream right now.

I just needed to get this off my chest before I get too upset.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kappalopokis
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:44 PM
It's just a bad situation all around.

Sorry Momma!
lovinlife2005
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Thank you, its just he is so ignorant. Then had the nerve to say he never beat his children. What he left out was that he made his wife beat his children bc he is a piece of crap. Oh I'm so angry.

Quoting kappalopokis:

It's just a bad situation all around.

Sorry Momma!

kappalopokis
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:51 PM
I absolutely believe in spanking. But, not in telling someone else how to raise their kids.

I don't agree with a person yelling at someone in their own home, either.

You were all stressed by the tantrum and all of you acted in ways you shouldn't have and said things you shouldn't.

You and DH raise your kid how you want. Just ignore opinions from everyone else. You will hear a lot of them!
emmy526
by Emmy on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't be eating at their house again....and, any more interaction should occur at your home, so if they want to critisize your parenting, you'll have every right to raise your voice to them about it. 

inspain
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Hitting a child never makes sense.  It's not discipline, it's violence to satisfy a frustrated and angry adult.  

I would have just gotten up, calmly explained that I refuse to hit a child and I don't need parenting advice from anyone who thinks it's a good idea and then I would have left.  

You cannot expect a rational discussion from anyone who advocates irrational behavior.

IndianaWynette
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Make them come to your house from now on, and tell him to keep his mouth to his self if all he can say is something negitive. 

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Sounds like a communications issue.
1L2CMommy
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like the whole house was having tantrums. Maybe there was something in the air.
brebugmom91
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Ugh!! I HATE that. My SIL said the same this to me once when my (barely) 3 y/o threw a fit. This came from a girl whose daughter was a whole year younger than mine (so barely 2 and talking about beating her ass???). I just looked at her, and then at MIL, and we just rolled our eyes. I almost said "Well I don't like to abuse my kids like you".
lovinlife2005
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I admit I shouldn't have raised my voice, but to say something like that is just uncalled for. She had gotten over the tantrum and it struck a nerve with me. I think everyone was upset he said that.

Quoting 1L2CMommy:

Sounds like the whole house was having tantrums. Maybe there was something in the air.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)