Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

needing to vent before i explode with anger

Posted by   + Show Post
We were having dinner at in-laws house and my 2.5yr old starts throwing a fit. I get her calmed down and FIL tells me that if it were his child that she would be beat to the point she wouldn't cry again. That his children never cried like that. I went off and told him she is NOT his child. No one tells me what to do and my Dh went off and told him that is abuse. Then MIL went off on us and told us we cannot raise our voice to FIL. Screw those fuckers. I'm so angry its ridiculous. A 2yr old is going to have tantrums. Its not giving in to those tantrums that will pay off in the end. I swear I could just scream right now.

I just needed to get this off my chest before I get too upset.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Replies (11-15):
christina0607
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Sounds like you all are a little ridiculous. 

lovinlife2005
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:23 PM
It just floored me when he said that. He has raised 5 kids and knows that most kids, especially young like that go through this. She just gets frustrated with emotions and is learning to express them in the right way. Beating a child over that is not right and will only make it worse. I don't think he will ever try to tell us again what to do. Even though MIL told me not to raise my voice, apparently she jumped down his throat later on.

Quoting brebugmom91:

Ugh!! I HATE that. My SIL said the same this to me once when my (barely) 3 y/o threw a fit. This came from a girl whose daughter was a whole year younger than mine (so barely 2 and talking about beating her ass???). I just looked at her, and then at MIL, and we just rolled our eyes. I almost said "Well I don't like to abuse my kids like you".

lovinlife2005
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Oh well. Guess so. I'm sure not everyone does everything right.

Quoting christina0607:

Sounds like you all are a little ridiculous. 

brebugmom91
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Well good. I hope he backs off. I never understood why people spank for fits. It makes no sense. And I'm a spanking parent.

Quoting lovinlife2005:

It just floored me when he said that. He has raised 5 kids and knows that most kids, especially young like that go through this. She just gets frustrated with emotions and is learning to express them in the right way. Beating a child over that is not right and will only make it worse. I don't think he will ever try to tell us again what to do. Even though MIL told me not to raise my voice, apparently she jumped down his throat later on.

Quoting brebugmom91:

Ugh!! I HATE that. My SIL said the same this to me once when my (barely) 3 y/o threw a fit. This came from a girl whose daughter was a whole year younger than mine (so barely 2 and talking about beating her ass???). I just looked at her, and then at MIL, and we just rolled our eyes. I almost said "Well I don't like to abuse my kids like you".

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh! I'm sorry, mama. Vent away!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN