Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

4 yr old birthday party

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:27 PM
  • 26 Replies

DS will be 4 come June and when I talk to him about which birthday theme he wants he wants both, they are curious George and Thomas the train. I need your help which theme do you like better and why, or if you like a different them why that one?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernbelle07
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Curious George. He's my four year old's absolute favorite! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymama2D
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Both cute! I would go with the one that you can find the most decorations for the theme .... probably Thomas (from what I've noticed in stores).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Neither, both seem just a tad young for a 4 year old.  

My DS was into Angry Birds, Star Wars, Mario Brothers at 4 and still is at 4.  Thomas was 1-2ish and Curious George just never interested him.

but he's your DS and its his party.  I would do CG, 

robbinsroost
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I did a Thomas party when DS turned 3. It was cute, but if I got to pick it would be Curious George.

BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:05 PM

We did a Team Umi-Zoomi and Thomas themed. We just mostly did the colors of the shows.

fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I don't find them young at all!!  My son's very favorite at 4 was curious george.  He knew everytime it was on during the day too.  So that is who I would go with.

WendyJR
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Thomas would be easier to find things for, CG you could go with a circus theme or pick one of his fav CG books/movie and use that as reference.

DS just turned 4 in Sept, we did scooby doo.

kappalopokis
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:14 PM
For DS's 4th he wanted "black" and "pumpkins" themes. So, we did 1/2 and 1/2. Just mix matched the decorations and it turned out all weird and hodge-podge and totally DS! He loved it!

For his 5th he wanted a "naked" party and stuck to that every time we asked what he wanted. LOL. (He loves being naked, I think he just meant he didn't want to have to wear clothes on his birthday.) We did Sonic the Hedgehog.

He's a very odd little boy though.

I think doing Thomas AND George would work fine. Just alternate place settings between the two and buy blue and yellow balloons and streamers and a blue and yellow table cloth. Or, a white table cloth.

Just do the cake in Thomas OR George, or put a George figurine on a Thomas cake.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:14 PM

My son LOVED Curious George at 4.  I guess the difference is I didn't expose him to those other things he didn't even know they existed.  He was thrilled watching sprout, Disney Junior, Nick Jr. & PBS.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

Neither, both seem just a tad young for a 4 year old.  

My DS was into Angry Birds, Star Wars, Mario Brothers at 4 and still is at 4.  Thomas was 1-2ish and Curious George just never interested him.

but he's your DS and its his party.  I would do CG, 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:15 PM
2 moms liked this

WOW how rude of someone to say they are too old for a thomas party.   We have a grandson who is turning 5 and he still loves thomas as well as other train type toys.  i love curious george myself.  Perhaps find a graphic of him riding a train to bridge the 2 themes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN