Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How much do you spend on your grown children or grandchildren for gifts?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:18 AM
  • 9 Replies

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Mine are little but my mom bought me an iPad last year or my birthday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Well the adult children did not get anything.  We spent for christmas about 50 bucks on grandchild.  He got 2 CARS toys and a really cool helicopter.   DD chose a hand cream and a hand sanitizer for her brother (adult) who likes to wash hands alot.   My mom sent me a winter coat and electronic monopoly game and gave bf a 50 dollar gift card even though she isnt too fond of him.  For us it depends on occasions how much we will spend for gifts.

IndianaWynette
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Grown kids..$20-$30...Grandkids..Most anything they want and I can afford

stormy51
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Thanks for answering. I usually give our son and his wife about $50 and now my DGD is grown with a 2 year old so for Christmas I sent her $150 for both of them.  Her birthday was yesterday and I sent her $50. I just don't want to be cheap but don't have a lot. DH is retired and I'm disabled so we're on a fixed income.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:32 AM
My kids are little, but my parents have bought me a lap top and in laws have bought me a diamond necklace.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stormy51
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:03 AM

After we were grown and married my parents bought us one gift each and didn't usually spend over $50 per person if that much.  We were always happy with what they gave us but told them many times it was our turn to buy for them.  We didn't have a lot of money growing up but always have lots of gifts under the tree.  Lapcounter, you got some very nice gifts. Thanks for your input.

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:15 AM
My dad gives us all $350 to $500 each on holidays and birthdays.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
auntietotty
by Elizabeth on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids are 25 and 27 and it depends. It depends on  what we want to get them really.  We usually give cash for birthdays...sometimes $100, sometimes more. One year we bought our son new tires for his car for his birthday...one year we got him a smoker to smoke meats on.

We got both of them laptops for Christmas one year. This past Christmas we got them each a Kindle. 

During all the Christmas posts I saw time again how "Christmas should be for kids". Well...they are still MY kids. 

They both have good jobs but wont usually buy themselves anything they dont need. So we buy them things WE think they might want.  They are always grateful.

fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Birthdays $25

Chirstmas Kids only about $60 per child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)