Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Beyond pissed right now UPDATE

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:52 AM
  • 209 Replies
I got my W-2 from work today and was doing a test run to file my taxes to see if I would get a refund. I was excited to see I would get a $400 refund cause that could go towards clothes and stuff my kids need. I sent a text to my EX and told him I was claiming the kids. I got a text back from him saying he already claimed the kids and already sent his taxes in but he never told me. When I told him that he just screwed me he said if he didn't claim the kids he would owe thousands and wouldn't be able to afford to live or work and would be on the streets. I know he claimed them last year but I don't think he still has their SSN to claim them. Is last tax retturn that would have their SSN is on a different computer so I don't think he got it off of there. I'm beyond pissed cause he didn't say anything about claiming them just did it as is blaming me cause he claims so much on his check. What would you do?? We did live with him for 10 months out of the year if that makes a difference but he can't prove it.

Update: For those of you that assume I put my kids in daycare just for the hell of it is so far off. My kids ONLY went to daycare when I had a job interview or I was out handing out resumes other than that they were with me they go every where with me. Two yes I was and still on PA because I needed the help to feed my kids unless that's a crime to. The CS office and welfare knew about my living situation but DID NOT add my EX's income because I didn't buy food for him only me and the kids he bought his own food. His girlfriend DID NOT live there with us and ihe DID NOT leave me for another girl. I did tell him to claim the kids but I have this feeling that instead of changing how much he claims he's going to try to claim them again next year cause that's how vindictive he is. For those of you that seem to think I'm the problem how is it unless I contact him he won't see the kids. Infact he sent his son a text a couple days ago saying he MIGHT come over on Sunday but he didn't know yet. But I have yet to hear from him. He just assumes that I will drop everything for him to see the kids. He doesn't have a car so when he wants to see the kids I pick him up and let them hangout at my place. I have read my divorce decree and my custody agreement and it says nothing in there about who claims the kids when. I would get it changed but every time I change something with the case it gets screwed up. Like I sent in to have my CS direct deposited into my account that was a month ago. I haven't received my CS this week yet. When his other case from Nevada gets changed like an increase they take money away from my kids. At one point they took OVER $200 and I went into talk to them and was told there was nothing they could do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenking04
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:54 AM
Here is the last text he sent me what do you think??

Well u didnt tell me either and u had no legal right to claim them at all. i havent filed yet besides audit is the least of ur worries. if uve already filed then there's no point in me going to work anymore cause im beyond tired of working for nothing
kkillette91
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:11 AM
3 moms liked this
You can't even file until jan 30th so he's lying. If the kids have been with you more and it's your year to claim them I would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Alright apparently I'm exhausted and just re read your post

If you lived w him I think regardless if he can prove it he deserves it.

As for filing he hasn't yet. And can't till the 30 th
jenking04
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:13 AM
I don't know I haven't filed yet I will wait till my mom can help me to make sure I'm doing it right. How could he prove if he had the kids more than half the year?? When we lived there my mail and everything was sent to my parents house I never did an address change and @e and the kids just recently moved into our own apartment. He said I have no legal right to claim the kids even though in our divorce decree I have full custody of the kids he only has visitations (we've been divorced for 3 years)
jenking04
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:17 AM
In our divorce decree I have full custody he only has visitation so technically I can claim them but its really not about that its about the fact that he has 4 kids (my two and two others with two different women) and he is threatening to stop working " cause he is beyond tired of working for nothing" yet he won't get fixed or keep it in his pants so he won't have anymore.

Quoting kkillette91:

You can't even file until jan 30th so he's lying. If the kids have been with you more and it's your year to claim them I would.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:21 AM
3 moms liked this
they lived with him for 10 months? Yes he can claim them. How many.kids are there? $400 seems really low.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenking04
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:26 AM
I have 2 kids with him. But I only started working on December 1, 2012. I know he can claim them but he pretty much said that if he didn't claim them he would have to pay thousands and he is tired of working for nothing and is blaming me when I have nothing to do with how much he has to pay in taxes. Because he doesn't feel a need to support his kids I'm afraid he is going to up and quit his job now and dissappear like he always tells me he is going to do.

Quoting WifeyC:

they lived with him for 10 months? Yes he can claim them. How many.kids are there? $400 seems really low.

Basherte
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:45 AM
3 moms liked this

I would figure out what it would be for you to not claim them.

If you lived with him for 10 months out of the year, then he has the right to claim them. If he took care of you during those 10 months, meaning you had no job, he could claim you as well.

jenking04
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:55 AM
If I don't claim them it will be like $11 that I get back.

Quoting Basherte:

I would figure out what it would be for you to not claim them.

If you lived with him for 10 months out of the year, then he has the right to claim them. If he took care of you during those 10 months, meaning you had no job, he could claim you as well.

afwifeandmommy3
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:03 AM
File and claim them notify the IRS . You'll get the money .

Quoting jenking04:

In our divorce decree I have full custody he only has visitation so technically I can claim them but its really not about that its about the fact that he has 4 kids (my two and two others with two different women) and he is threatening to stop working " cause he is beyond tired of working for nothing" yet he won't get fixed or keep it in his pants so he won't have anymore.

Quoting kkillette91:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN