Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I don't want to give my father in law who may have cancer money to help him

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  • 100 Replies

That sounds heartless but the deal is he has a big lump above his ankle that they dont know what it is, hes been to the doctors and they said it was some kind of skin infection, then the actual lump grew and they mentioned cancer, they wanted him to reschedule his appointment and they would do some tests and whatever. He scheduled it for the middle of march so taxes would be back in, and i know hes expecting money from his 3 kids to help but they majorly screwed us on taxes last year. His mom use to be a tax preparer for H&R block and so when she was supposily filing our taxes for us, she used the info i gave him to claim us on THERE taxes that we lived with them, and made under the allowed amount of $ (so they could claim us cause if you make over so much you have to claim yourself)

they gave us 275 and said that was all we got and that we would get more if they claimed us, she told us this AFTER it was filed and done and the deadline was past. He worked an entire year making 14 an hour so i know theres no way we only made $275.00. 

Now, this year IM filing our taxes at home with turbotax and his dad keeps asking if we got the W2's back yet, his mom asks if we want her to file again and swears she won't do that again,  i know when we get our money back there going to be hounding for money and after last year, i don't want to give it to them. Yes he may need the money however he works as a manager of a store, sits on his butt all day and makes good money! He does gun shows and has a shit ton of guns he could sell for $$ but he chooses not too and then wants us to help pay his bills and give him $$

We've done really good and payed of our debt threwout the year and we plan on spoiling our daughter for her first birthday, getting a NICE swimming pool and just treating ourselves this year, and saving some $ away for a trip to SeaWorld. 

Yes, the money could go to other things but its a reward for ourselves and its going to cause problems that we are "blowing our money on stupid stuff instead of potentially saving a life" 

He won't even know its cancer until after he has the $ so we could be handing over our money and then they find out its idk some kind of removable noncanerous tumor or just a wollen up skin infection and its perfectly treatable and an easy cheap fix then he wont give us the money back, he'll say he had to use it for bills.

I know hubbies going to want to help out and i really just don't think we should have to since he has ways to get $ and he doesnt even know whats wrong with him! Hes ASSuming its cancer

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArisMom208
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:26 PM

BUMP!

mama2beautiesnb
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:28 PM
no excuse. ur being petty. when he dies of cancer how will u feel...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I agree.You sound horribly petty.

chrissi0103
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:29 PM
9 moms liked this

After the shit they pulled last year I wouldn't want to help them either. How low can a parent get? Geez.

ArisMom208
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

no excuse. ur being petty. when he dies of cancer how will u feel...

Okay but when hes diagnosed with cancer i might be open to it but as of right now its just a lump on his skin that hes had for 2 years? now. 

chrissi0103
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this

What do they need money for now? Petty? Um no if someone steals your money are you really going to just give them more?

Arwyn724
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM
3 moms liked this

I feel so lucky for the family I had, and how we were raised.  I've never seen as much contentious relationships as I read about on here.  My sister (and her children) are the only living relatives I have now.  Life is fleeting, I miss my grandparents and parents every day.  I wish we could have had more time together. So much of this should just be let go...value each other and the time you have, you may be sorry when it is gone.

ArisMom208
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Quoting chrissi0103:

After the shit they pulled last year I wouldn't want to help them either. How low can a parent get? Geez.

His parents can get pretty low.

They'll do anything for $

They had DH and his sister stealing blank DVD's from the time they were 4 or 5 because if they got caught it was easier to say the kids just grabbed them.

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Doesn't he have insurance to pay for getting the tests done?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah they're selfish but family helps each other.

And if you thought the taxes seemed too low last year, you easily could have contacted the IRS and re-filed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)