Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Pulmonary Embolisms Anyone?!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:09 PM
  • 27 Replies

Anyone else ever had or have these? I hopefully only have one more month left of Coumadin (THANK GOD). Just wanted to hear some other mamas stories on how they got them. I was diagnosed with them 3 days after my C-Section for my 3rd baby girl. They checked my legs and everywhere they could to figure out where they came from but found nothing. No history of blood problems and my blood is ok so hopefully it was just a freak thing from the surgery :-(

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chelebele05
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Anyone?

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:41 PM

My mom had one in 2011.  She'd been having leg cramps for some time and then after a car trip to visit family when she came home she felt really crappy.  Turns out the clots had moved from her legs, through her brain and into her lungs (yes, clots, she had several).  She was very lucky.

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:46 PM

no but I did know someone who had it.

NewMom11222011
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Never had one, but I understand pregnancy in general and surgery in general make you more prone, so you got a double whammy.  Glad you're better!

Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a massive pulmonary embolism back in July, almost didn't make it. I was also 9 weeks pregnant so the outcome for both of us was pretty bleak. Now, I'm not a religious person but I honestly think we're both still here because of a miracle. I'm 35 weeks tomorrow with our daughter. They think mine was pregnancy induced, I had to have emergency surgery, was in the ICU for a week, and have been on a VERY high dose of Lovenox ever since. If you have any questions, feel free to Msg me. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EmmaGlenn20
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:40 PM

No, but my husband's grandfather has one. I'm sorry you're going through that, I hope you get better soon :(

chelebele05
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:52 PM
I'm hoping mine was just from being pregnant and the c section seeing it was my first surgery. Idk. Just trying to look on the bright side I guess. I'm 29 so it's not like I'm old yanno? Urgh, so stressful. I just don't ever ever ever want another one.

Quoting NewMom11222011:

Never had one, but I understand pregnancy in general and surgery in general make you more prone, so you got a double whammy.  Glad you're better!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chelebele05
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:53 PM
I do too, in both lungs.

Quoting amonkeymom:

My mom had one in 2011.  She'd been having leg cramps for some time and then after a car trip to visit family when she came home she felt really crappy.  Turns out the clots had moved from her legs, through her brain and into her lungs (yes, clots, she had several).  She was very lucky.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chelebele05
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Thank you!

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

No, but my husband's grandfather has one. I'm sorry you're going through that, I hope you get better soon :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:54 PM

My sister had one after she gave birth to her daughter two years ago...we almost lost her :( bc they caught it really late ..they think she had it for most of her pregnacy and never knew 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN