Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what would you do

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:16 PM
  • 24 Replies

OK my oldest son found some puppies on our doorstep ..we took them in, went around the neighborhood posted flyers and evenput an ad in the newspaper it's been two months and no one has claimed them so we decided to keep them...we took them to the vet and found out one of them has worms so she's being treated for it, they now have their shots and are registered....when we took them to the vet they told us that they're about 8 weeks old and now our neighbor is claiming that these puppies belong to them and now want them back he claims that we stole them ...we have invested almost 300 for the puppies care...what do you think??I know these puppies won't be cared for and I'm afraid that if we do give them back the one with worms will die without meds..we did everything to find the owners and nobody came forward so instead of taking them to the pound we kept them...I don't like dogs but I have grown to love the little mutts....Thanks ladies...oh and he's threatening to call the cops if we don't give them back and he threatened to have his son who's in 8th grade jump on my youngest son who's a junior...the whole thing is crazy//

UPDATE::: i followed your advice I called my brother(he's a PO) and the neighbor told my brother that he found the pups and they ran away from their house..he only had them two days..he also told my brother that he didn't want the puppies..as far as him threatening my son we filed a police report ...so the puppies belong to us...Thank You ladies so much for your advice...

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:19 PM
6 moms liked this

Does this asshole have proof? And does he have a LOGICAL explaination of how they ended up on your doorstep? Can he explain why he didnt come forward when you asked about them?

Im sure the answer on all of this is no. Dont give him the puppies and if he further threatens your family, call the police. Even if he has proof the puppies are his, you can get him for medical bills and  neglect. What a moron

juju40
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM

if he had come forward that day or a day later then I would have given them back...we even around the neighborhood with the pups and nothing

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Does this asshole have proof? And does he have a LOGICAL explaination of how they ended up on your doorstep? Can he explain why he didnt come forward when you asked about them?

Im sure the answer on all of this is no. Dont give him the puppies and if he further threatens your family, call the police. Even if he has proof the puppies are his, you can get him for medical bills and  neglect. What a moron

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I think is good advice.

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandyluzdavid
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:25 PM

KEEP THEM.. When I found my chi out in the snow 2 years ago I took her to the vet and I was told to do everything I could to find her owners and after 14 days if no one claims her, she is considered an abandoned pet and I could keep her.... It will be 2 years February 21 and "mama" (she is a little mama to my kids so that's what we call her, her actual name is Danielle) is still with us and is part of our family.... But just to be safe I would call the non-emergancy number to find out b/c all states are different.. If they do take her make them pay you every dime you spent on them back with interest..

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I would let him call the cops. He has no evidence that they are his dogs and you posted notices and showed that you tried to find the owners, you have more of a legal right to them then him and if they are his, he can be charged with animal abuse.

juju40
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:31 PM

oh yes my husband looked up our city ordinances we did everything right...I've grown attached to them

Quoting brandyluzdavid:

KEEP THEM.. When I found my chi out in the snow 2 years ago I took her to the vet and I was told to do everything I could to find her owners and after 14 days if no one claims her, she is considered an abandoned pet and I could keep her.... It will be 2 years February 21 and "mama" (she is a little mama to my kids so that's what we call her, her actual name is Danielle) is still with us and is part of our family.... But just to be safe I would call the non-emergancy number to find out b/c all states are different.. If they do take her make them pay you every dime you spent on them back with interest..

chaslee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Crazy!  This same thing happened to me.  My daughter and I were on our way to the store and a puppy ran in front of my car.  I slammed on the breaks, we scoped said puppy up and went door to door in the area, no one claimed the puppy.  (I didn't hit it).  We took it home, posted flyer's, ran an ad in the paper, asked kids at the bus stop, nothing.  A few MONTHS later we had gotten the puppy vet care, my kids grew attached, etc.  My daughter was walking the dog and this lady attacked her, physically, claiming that she stole her dog.  It was a huge crazy situation, her husband came to the door threatening me, all sorts of crap.  I ended up giving her the dog, I just couldn't deal with the crazy.  Two weeks later she knocked on my door, dog in hand and said "we don't want him any more, here."  He had been badly abused and neglected and we ended up having to put him down for internal damages.

brandyluzdavid
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Keep them hunnie you have every right to!!!

Quoting juju40:

oh yes my husband looked up our city ordinances we did everything right...I've grown attached to them

Quoting brandyluzdavid:

juju40
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM

OMG I'm so sorry...that's what terrifies me

Quoting chaslee:

Crazy!  This same thing happened to me.  My daughter and I were on our way to the store and a puppy ran in front of my car.  I slammed on the breaks, we scoped said puppy up and went door to door in the area, no one claimed the puppy.  (I didn't hit it).  We took it home, posted flyer's, ran an ad in the paper, asked kids at the bus stop, nothing.  A few MONTHS later we had gotten the puppy vet care, my kids grew attached, etc.  My daughter was walking the dog and this lady attacked her, physically, claiming that she stole her dog.  It was a huge crazy situation, her husband came to the door threatening me, all sorts of crap.  I ended up giving her the dog, I just couldn't deal with the crazy.  Two weeks later she knocked on my door, dog in hand and said "we don't want him any more, here."  He had been badly abused and neglected and we ended up having to put him down for internal damages.

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I agree with this. Keep them, and good luck!

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN