Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mesh feeder bags AND teething...

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 4:13 AM
  • 6 Replies
Okay, so my son is teething MEGA time. He cut two teeth in two days...poor baby. I have tried tylenol, motrin, baby orajel, teething tablets, frozen teether rings, cold teether rings, washclothes, my finger (OW! we don't do that one anymore!), all those teether toys...and...those mesh feeder bags...

What has helped for your little one, anything I am missing?

Now, about those mesh feeder bags, my pediatrician recommended them and sugguested frozen bananas, grapes, baby food, and also room temp. fruit (for eating not so much for teething).

HOW IN THE WORLD ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO WASH THEM? I have given my son one ONCE with bananas, I don't know if I want to again. I tried to rinse, scrub, scrap, and dig the banana out. Any tips?
by on May. 4, 2007 at 4:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mySonny06
by on May. 4, 2007 at 4:19 AM
i recently just bought one of those too, and tried strawberries in it. what i did was soaked it in really hot soapy water for at least thirty minutes, and then try to grab as much of it as you can into your fingers and rub it together like color clorox on laundry kinda, then if thats to no avail, lay it in the sink and let the super hot water run on it full blast, if you have a dishwasher, mine is dishwasher safe, try it, also, if you have a squirty handle thing attached to your sink, try that too, sometimes those have more water pressure than just the sink spout. hope that helps.
lewisam
by on May. 4, 2007 at 6:57 AM
I did the same thing with a bananas- bad choice- no more bananas for us!! As watch oranges- Both times I had to soak the bag part in hot water with soap.  I also have the kind that has the removeable bag/ refill option.  So when they get really gross- throw them out!
Kathy12
by on May. 4, 2007 at 7:12 AM
I put crushed ice in those mesh bags for my daughter. She had all 20 baby teeth by 18 months! I would also wet and freeze the washcloths - I just rolled them up so they would freeze like little sticks. She liked chewing on those.
steinbabiesmama
by on May. 4, 2007 at 8:20 AM

i use it more for apples, carrots, etc...those hard foods that they can gum on and when its time to clean them I hand wash them then throw them into the dishwasher.

minileesmama
by on May. 4, 2007 at 7:24 PM
I let it soak in hot soapy water to help clean.  But most of the time I just put ice in it...my ice maker makes the perfect shaped ice that fits perfectly in the mesh teether.  He likes the ice best ( along the the teething tablets)
chef_mama
by on May. 4, 2007 at 7:31 PM
i have this feeder from onestepahead and have never had problems with it.. i make sure to wash it out right after i use it. i also bought more baggies to go along with it. my daughter has used it since she was 5 months old

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)