Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

im a potty training failer...hell a failer over all!!

Posted by   + Show Post

God i fail. iv talked some some people read what theyahve done. talked to my mom. read post after post on cm about how kids should be potty trained or your lazy. and i feel bad. Iv tried off and on since she turned 2. started with morning sits on the potty. but it was hit or miss and we couldnt never time it right. OR she would scream and kick and get up set. yesterday she started sittign on it with out fighting so i thought ok. lets do this!

Woke up today at 8. put her on potty first thing gave her some milk...then breakfast. she sat there happy for 30 min but no potty. so i figure she peed just as she woke up in bed. so i stand her up put on new tink undies (she lvoes tink thought it might help) she peed....just as soon as she stood up she peed! So off they come and we sit to see if she needs to finish. 15 min she wants up so she stand up i put on undies and she finishes!!!

at this point i think ok she is good for at least half hour. I set timer to try again in 30 min. we put on the tink undies and SHE runs to the kitchen to play..but comes back like 2 seconds later and come sto me turns around and i smell it! she pooped!!!!!!!

its only 10 am and im done and in tears because i dont know what im doing wrong!! all the family i talk to say she should be potty trained and talking there must be something wrong with her. MIL says it wont happen till she is 3 just like her daddy be cause apparntly my genetics dont matter. her temperment, her looks everything comes form daddys side not my side!!! her blond hair, daddy (im blond for christ sakes!) she is used to cold because he is norwegeion by a 1/4...(im half norwegen) im just so fed up and tired of people saying im failing!!!! i know i screw up i know im bad at this! but i dont know what else to do!!! and here i have another baby on the way and i can screw up him to!

i hope im just hormonal today. but i just cant stop crying and jsut feel like im failing today. i know im gonna  be bashed but i hope between the bashers i could get some good help and hints on what to.

*edit*  thanks ladies for all your advice on what you did and ages.  I think i was just feeling really pressured from family and friends and being pregnant with baby number 2.  Iv writtin down what you ladies did and am gonna try some of them... not looking forward to the Naked idea BUT some of you used that and made progress....and im sure my daughter would love that best HAHAH.  i will continue to read and write down as others reply.  i think we all get down every once in a while and "growing up" isnt the problem.  when your father (lives across state) says he wont feel comfortable visiting  his grandchildren  until they walk and talk and potty trained. and calls once week to see how there doing it can be upsetting.  when your mom takes 2 year old for aweekend and says she used the potty no problem you just have to try harder it breaks your heart/pride and what little mojo a first time parent has. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
KittyTussand
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:14 PM

thanks for letting me know.  Im really trying not to push it but im getting the signs she is ready all mixed up.  if she isnt ready she isnt ready i guess.

Quoting Autumn19:

my son was 3.5 before he was potty trained

CafeMom Tickers
KittyTussand
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

i like this approch im sure she would to. not sure how to explain goals to her since we have a hard time communicating.  think when she starts to understand potty in chair not diaper i might start a sticker chart. might make it really fun for her with toy treats to.  she is more of a chugger lover then a thomas though LOL.  thanks wendy for lett ing me know your approch!!!

Quoting WendyJR:

My 4yo still has accidents. We tried really hard with him to be trained between 2 and 3...well lets just say he wasn't having it. When we had most of our success with him, was when we relaxed. What worked best for him was giving him goals to work for. Everytime he peed he got a prze from the prize box (little toys i got for $1, books, stickers etc) I bought a crap ton of thomas trains, and everytime he pooped on the potty he got a train.  (yes i bribed him) we had a sticker chart as well. He also got a few bigger things for his train set (like if he went a week/month with no accidents.). 

We're working with DD right now she just turned two. We get to the potty 1/4 of the times she has to go, but i'm letting her go at her own pace. Good Luck!

CafeMom Tickers
mistie900
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:21 PM

How old is she? She may not be ready. My kids' doctor said most girls aren't potty trained until 34/36 months and boys not until 38. You can't force her or she will not want to. Maybe you can stop for a couple months and then try again. This helped with my son.

macendaxislove
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I tried a bunch of different ways to potty train my son. not every kid is the same and they all learn differently
I've been trying since he was 2, but then i got to pregnant and took a break, a little bit after my second was born we tried again, that time i did it with no undies/diaper and let him run around naked. as soon as we started, he never  had an accident again. this was a month before he turned 3. but now he's been sucessfully potty trained for months.
Just don't rush it, be consistant and she'll do it when she's completly ready :)

mistie900
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Also I trained my kids using m&m's. When they went pee they got one and when they pooped they got two. It worked.

KittyTussand
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:39 PM

she is about 27 months old.  iv stopped off and on. but might wait a bit longer.  i guess its just a good thing she is sitting on it and NOT screaming tantrums. think i will just look at that as the positive and goal for now.  leave it out so she can go to it when she wants. 

Quoting mistie900:

How old is she? She may not be ready. My kids' doctor said most girls aren't potty trained until 34/36 months and boys not until 38. You can't force her or she will not want to. Maybe you can stop for a couple months and then try again. This helped with my son.

CafeMom Tickers
KittyTussand
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:41 PM

i think since i got pregnant iv been trying a bit to hard and pushing maybe fo rher to potty train.  Might just have to wait.  when babe is born she will be 2 1/2. might be a better age to try to potty train.  couple other ladies mentioned no undies/dipers and made progress. might be the way to go. but thought of her running naked dosnt appeal to me LOL

Quoting macendaxislove:

I tried a bunch of different ways to potty train my son. not every kid is the same and they all learn differently
I've been trying since he was 2, but then i got to pregnant and took a break, a little bit after my second was born we tried again, that time i did it with no undies/diaper and let him run around naked. as soon as we started, he never  had an accident again. this was a month before he turned 3. but now he's been sucessfully potty trained for months.
Just don't rush it, be consistant and she'll do it when she's completly ready :)

CafeMom Tickers
jgates1111
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:52 PM

My son is 2 and we are trying to work on potty training, so far he will walk to the potty and sit down on his own, if he's got a diper on he will potty in that but if i take the diaper off it takes him a little while to potty. I know he's a little young for it right now but I want to get hm used to being on the potty.

As for the issue with the MIL, its her son so she's going to think about him when looking at your daughter. My MIL does the exact same thing, my son looks exactly like me except he has blonde hair and my MIL is always making comments about how he got his blue eyes from her family, blonde hair from her family, skin tone from her family, ect. even though I have blue eyes ( no one in her family does but her mother) My family is all blonde but me, and he has the exact same skin tone as i do and none of his dads coloring.

macendaxislove
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Oh I didn't like the idea of him being nakey either, but to my surprise it actually worked, and right off the bat after many failed attempts! I thought he'd be peeing on the floor as well, but he never had another accident. O_O lol

Once she's potty trained it'll be a real relief, but rushing wont really help, shes gotta do it on her own when shes ready.
My sons Dr told me when I was 8 months pregnant and still trying to potty train him fast just to give it a break and try after i have the baby, because sometimes even if they are all potty trained the will regress after baby is born.

Quoting KittyTussand:

i think since i got pregnant iv been trying a bit to hard and pushing maybe fo rher to potty train.  Might just have to wait.  when babe is born she will be 2 1/2. might be a better age to try to potty train.  couple other ladies mentioned no undies/dipers and made progress. might be the way to go. but thought of her running naked dosnt appeal to me LOL

Quoting macendaxislove:

January1964
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:58 PM

You are not a failure. Back off your dd, let her decide when she wants to potty train. When I stopped pressuring my dd, she took the lead and became potty trained. Of course, we encouraged her, got her books, videos, sticker charts, but when we stopped "forcing" her on the potty (worst method ever) and let her tell us when she needed to go, it all fell into place. She's 3 1/2, fully trained, no accidents and was dry overnight since a bit before age 3.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)