Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone else allergic to....*WARNING! owie pic in replies*

Adhesive? I'm allergic to latex as well. My skin and the adhesive become one in seconds and my skin just rips off. No band aids or medical tape for me! It just popped up in the last couple years.
I'm nervous about labor and delivery because I will need an IV. Anyone else have this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
edelweiss23
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Yes. As are all 3 of my kids.
Kitschy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I'm allergic to the adhesive they use to secure the paper to you before they operate. I had a bleeding rash after my first c-section.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM
I tested positive for strep B so I have to

Quoting piwife:

You don't need an iv during labor.... that's a choice. I didn't know it with my first two. With my last I didn't have one

pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:56 PM
That sucks:(

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

I tested positive for strep B

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Why will you need an iv?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mewebb82
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Yes I do. I just had my youngest and they used gauze to tie the iv to my arm, but it had to be redone twice. I'm not really sure what else they could have done though. At least they tried. 

With my older 2 kids, healing from adhesive burns just became one more crappy part of postpartum healing.

RobinBright
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Have you tried coban, tegraderm, or prewrap?  

WendyJR
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:22 PM
I can't do latex bandaids (it's the adhesive on them) but cloth band aids are fine. I'm ok with some medical tape but not others. It's not a terrible reaction though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ollie123
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Yes. My arm was tore up after my last c section. The paper tape is the worst for me.

davnrori
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Yep, I'm also allergic to adhesive. I found out in 2001 when I tried to quit smoking with the patch. The adhesive caused my skin to itch and swell and, once I took the patch off, my skin blistered. I don't have a problem with band-aids but any type of medical tape causes the same reaction.

piwife
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Mm I heard you can get rid of it using garlic. Not sure how it works but search garlic a strep b

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

I tested positive for strep B so I have to

Quoting piwife:

You don't need an iv during labor.... that's a choice. I didn't know it with my first two. With my last I didn't have one

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)