Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hair question-especially if you are a hair dresser.

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:00 PM
  • 4 Replies

Several months ago I dyed my hair auburn. It faded fast so after a while I just dyed it back brown. Well it worked fine on everywhere but the top of my head. Its like my hair is ombre'd red to brown lol It doesn't look bad since its not THAT noticeable. But anyways is there something I can use to get the red out? Would a malibu treatment work? I need to get one anyways because of living in the country and such.  

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I'm not a hairdresser, but I know that using an ash brown color would tone down any brassiness in your hair. I'm not sure how long you should wait before recoloring though.

CrazyBeautiful.
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Its been well over a month since I dyed it last. So long that my roots have grown in an inch or so lol 

Quoting dusky_rose:

I'm not a hairdresser, but I know that using an ash brown color would tone down any brassiness in your hair. I'm not sure how long you should wait before recoloring though.

thatsamorex2
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe using a toner would help.

OxbAbIebxO
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I used some stuff from Sally's called like zap it or zap or something of the sort. Anyway, it's like a dye that doesn't hurt your hair and it's supposed to break through any red-orange tones in your hair. It worked great for my hair. It was black and I bleached it three times and it was still orange ish. That stuff took any red hint away and lightened it enough for me to put a high lift blonde color in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN